Anthems for the Damned

mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
edited June 2008 in Other Music
Thought this review (the only one i can find so far) was a good one and describes how good this album is. Very happy with this record.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2008/05/13/album-review-anthems-for-the-damned/
"Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    maybe if you put the band name in there people will actually look at the link, personally the lost me with that horrid horrid take a picture song.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Worst Filter Record By Far.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Not heard the new album yet, but I did go see them last night at a small club show in London, and I was shocked how good they were - very tight live band. Richard Patrick is a wicked frontman too, he kind of came across like a less camp Scott Weiland!
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Not heard the new album yet, but I did go see them last night at a small club show in London, and I was shocked how good they were - very tight live band. Richard Patrick is a wicked frontman too, he kind of came across like a less camp Scott Weiland!

Lol, that's something I'd like to see. I love Weilands voice but it's his ridclious stage attitude that grates on me. Put some clothes on.

Having said that, I thought that new Filter album was crap.
    muppet wrote:
    Lol, that's something I'd like to see. I love Weilands voice but it's his ridclious stage attitude that grates on me. Put some clothes on.

Ha ha! I love Weiland just the way he is, but yeah he does camp it up to the max! Richard is a little more restrained, but he's still got some moves! A total bad-ass, and he sounded fucking awesome.
  • drlovemonkeydrlovemonkey Posts: 394
    Worst Filter Record By Far.

Agree 100%.
  • i just went to see the band 2 weeks ago.

Absolutely fucking garbage.

i had seen them 5 times prior with the old band, and they were amazing.

But he hired a bunch of young kids who just kind of stand there looking like they are bored to be onstage. Bunch of fucking hipsters too cool to look like they are having fun. It was awful, and not nearly as heavy as they used to be.

Don't waste your money.
    i just went to see the band 2 weeks ago.

Absolutely fucking garbage.

i had seen them 5 times prior with the old band, and they were amazing.

But he hired a bunch of young kids who just kind of stand there looking like they are bored to be onstage. Bunch of fucking hipsters too cool to look like they are having fun. It was awful, and not nearly as heavy as they used to be.

Don't waste your money.

Wow, that is so far removed from the experience I had last night, seriously. Maybe the band weren't feeling it the night you saw them, but they were all really into it last night - oh and it sounded bastard heavy to me......
  • did you ever see the old band?
    did you ever see the old band?

Yep
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    Got a setlist from the recent shows? Are they playing much from the new album?