Radiohead
R.E.M
Roisin Murphy (Moloko)
Sigur Ros
Slayer
Soulwax: Niteversions
Underworld
Vampire Weekend

2 stages over four days....savage line-up? opinions & input from board members going to it this year?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    I'm going. Can't wait. Day 3 looks immense.
    Definitely one of the best festival lineups this year (along with Roskilde, but that's practically the same lineup anyway and is a bit more expensive). I like the idea of having 2 stages, it means more big names and less clashes. Definitely has the only lineup I've ever seen which I've been excited about seeing a majority of the lineup.

SO yeah, excited. Only problem is I have to stay up all night on the sunday night, get the first train to the airport, get the first plane to Manchester, and then go straight to my graduation from the Manchester airport.... I don't even want to think about how grubby I'll look.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I'll maybe be going one or two day(s). 4 days is too long. When they announced teh first names (REM, radiohead, deus, etc.) I thought "wow, great line-up". But once they presented the artist by day, you realise that those you want to see play all on different day... that's logical from their point of view but I don't want to spend one day there to see radiohead, a second day for REM ,etc.
    4 days is too much.
    I'll think I'll go the REM day though because this is the only show REM will do in Belgium during their tour.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Beck!!!

Holy shit, he best play Leeds and Reading.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Murderers wrote:
    Beck!!!

Holy shit, he best play Leeds and Reading.
    I doubt it. He headlined V last year, so I don't think he's gonna settle for 4th or 5th down at Reading/Leeds.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    fowls wrote:
    I doubt it. He headlined V last year, so I don't think he's gonna settle for 4th or 5th down at Reading/Leeds.

and as well as that he's playing somewhere near San Francisco the same weekend as Reading! at least he'll be in belgium...sweet!

i seriously cant wait for this. i have the same graduation problem the monday after Electric Picnic in september, ah well, might as well be a student about it and make a show of myself on graduation day!
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    *Cries at the absense of Beck*
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    I went a couple years ago and had a blast!!!
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • I'm gonna go to Werchter this year :) ordered my ticket last week and am, mildly put, already quite excited :D

the line-up is, for me, the somewhat best around... specially if one looks at some other European festivals...
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
  • phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    Attending the festival for the 10th straight year with most of my friends. Don't matter who'll be playing we're gonna have a blast! Can't wait to see: Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Kings of Leon, R.E.M., The Raconteurs, The National, Vampire Weekend & Grinderman.

the line-up is, for me, the somewhat best around... specially if one looks at some other European festivals...

yeah the line-ups in general are disappointing this summer! some festivals recently have been amazing lineups (Pukkelpop 07, Electric Picnic 06 for two) but nothing really stood out besides Werchter this year. third year in a row now its becoming part of my calendar.

dont think ill ever go to Oxegen again!
    maybe there are less new releases this year explaining the lack of good line-ups ?

Werchter has always had good line-up. I used to go between 1994 and 2000 and i've seen a lot of amazing stuff...
  • ...while we're already having a thread about it: anything we should keep in mind for our first time at Werchter? how is it there? :)
    and I won't have any problems cause of my age, right?
    (I'm 16 - I've never had problems anywhere before, so I'm kinda just asking to salve my conscience... and to know if I should bring my sister's ID ;):D)
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
    ...while we're already having a thread about it: anything we should keep in mind for our first time at Werchter? how is it there? :)
    and I won't have any problems cause of my age, right?
    (I'm 16 - I've never had problems anywhere before, so I'm kinda just asking to salve my conscience... and to know if I should bring my sister's ID ;):D)
    no worries. The first time I went I was 14 and I was with friends of the same age.
    How is it ? Big plain with trees. A big stage and a "smaller" one (about 5,000 persons). In general, there are about 60,000 people everyday.
    http://www.rockwerchter.be/RW2008/site/index.asp
  • Julien wrote:
    no worries. The first time I went I was 14 and I was with friends of the same age.
    How is it ? Big plain with trees. A big stage and a "smaller" one (about 5,000 persons). In general, there are about 60,000 people everyday.
    http://www.rockwerchter.be/RW2008/site/index.asp

alright, thank you :) that sounds awesome... I really can't wait for July to come around... 'citing!

we're gonna arrive in Brussels in the evening of July 2nd - we guess we'd be best to go with a hostel in Brussels for the night? and then get to Werchter early the next morning?
    alright, thank you :) that sounds awesome... I really can't wait for July to come around... 'citing!

we're gonna arrive in Brussels in the evening of July 2nd - we guess we'd be best to go with a hostel in Brussels for the night? and then get to Werchter early the next morning?
    waht time do you arrive in Brussels ?
    if you have the time in the evening, the best is maybe to go to Werchter directly and put your tent on the camping site. Now, if you arrive too late in Brussels, you should stay in a hotel until the next morning.. Do ou arrive at brussels' airport ? or do you come by train from somewhere ?
  • Julien wrote:
    waht time do you arrive in Brussels ?
    if you have the time in the evening, the best is maybe to go to Werchter directly and put your tent on the camping site. Now, if you arrive too late in Brussels, you should stay in a hotel until the next morning.. Do ou arrive at brussels' airport ? or do you come by train from somewhere ?
    we'll be arriving around 8pm at the airport... I believe I've read somewhere on the werchter-homepage that you won't be able to put up your tent until Thursday morning :confused:
    we'll be arriving around 8pm at the airport... I believe I've read somewhere on the werchter-homepage that you won't be able to put up your tent until Thursday morning :confused:

the website does say that, and ive gone on the Thursday morning the last 2 years, but then the campsites look too busy to have just opened that day....i imagine they must let people stay the night before....all festivals do?....

i usually stay in Brussels anyway on the Wednesday night because its a good town....go to the pub with 2004 types of beers....great fun!
  • phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    For the last couple of years we've been attending the site on Wednesday Nite. They don't let anybody in until Thursday Morning but there are already lots of people "in line" and they often open up @ 7! If you want to wait with us this year we'll be coming from the Rotselaar side, that's where the "B Caming Area" is!
  • JordyWordy wrote:
    the website does say that, and ive gone on the Thursday morning the last 2 years, but then the campsites look too busy to have just opened that day....i imagine they must let people stay the night before....all festivals do?....

i usually stay in Brussels anyway on the Wednesday night because its a good town....go to the pub with 2004 types of beers....great fun!

haahahaha I just made the mistake of telling them boys about that pub - note to self: don't mention it again :o:D
    phatucini wrote:
    For the last couple of years we've been attending the site on Wednesday Nite. They don't let anybody in until Thursday Morning but there are already lots of people "in line" and they often open up @ 7! If you want to wait with us this year we'll be coming from the Rotselaar side, that's where the "B Caming Area" is!

that sounds pretty fun actually :) ...and cheaper than hotels (and pubs)
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    Anyone know where I can get a Rock Wechter t-shirt from last year. Seems like this place has one but only XXL. Looking for XL.

Thanks.

http://www.thanx.nl/do.php?fct=shop&op=showCat&menuOp=shop&cat=RockWerchter2004&MeNr=1

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

Anyone know where I can get a Rock Wechter t-shirt from last year. Seems like this place has one but only XXL. Looking for XL.

Thanks.

http://www.thanx.nl/do.php?fct=shop&op=showCat&menuOp=shop&cat=RockWerchter2004&MeNr=1

thats the only place ive seen the proper ones on sale before. they had the same ones at the festival last year. and they didnt have any shirts or hoodies that had the line-up on them...which was disappointing...

Thanks.

BUMP

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

One More Bump - Willing to pay some mucho dinero for a shirt.

Mexico=1, Colombia=1