Options

Duff McKagan - Loaded

JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
edited June 2008 in Other Music
this band ( one of Duff's many bands ) is playing at a location near me soon. am curious if anyone here has seen them live?

any occasion to see Duff in a small venue is good to me, and ill go regardless. but the band are unheard of amongst the masses and even my friends, so wanted to throw this out there.......so they any good??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    having heard Duff sing, well, sing Attitude on two occasions I wouldn't get too excited, though it is Duff McKagen, I'd be curious. Was surprised how well he looked in some Velvet Revolver video I saw, the fella seemed a burnt out drug-temple in G'nR.

Hang on, the Johnny Thunders cover he did for Spagetti Incident was nice.
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Duff is singing much better now than his GNR days, being sober has a lot to do with it.
  • Options
    holtz wrote:
    Duff is singing much better now than his GNR days, being sober has a lot to do with it.
    I recall hearing him tell how his pancreas collapsed one morning not long after the UYI tour was over, was on some doc, just hearing his voice brings a smile to my face. Not in mean-spirited way mind.
  • Options
    spnoonespnoone Posts: 625
    my expectations were low but i gave the band a listen and was really impressed. he sounds a lot like hanoi rocks' michael monroe to me. i'd go if he played my town.
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    I recall hearing him tell how his pancreas collapsed one morning not long after the UYI tour was over, was on some doc, just hearing his voice brings a smile to my face. Not in mean-spirited way mind.

Yeah his pancreas exploded and he was lucky to live. He claims he was drinking a gallon of vodka a day at the end of the UYI tour, which would explain his incredibly bloated face at the time.
  • Options
    They have some songs up on their website, and they sound pretty good. I'm actually thinking about going now... Any word on ticket price, Jordy?
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    If it weren't for Axl he'd be nobody, and Slash!
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    They have some songs up on their website, and they sound pretty good. I'm actually thinking about going now... Any word on ticket price, Jordy?

€28 + charges from ticketmaster. On in the Academy (shithole but thats life).
    Fri 26 Sep 2008, 19:00
    had a listen and you're right, pretty good. buying my ticket now!
  • Options
    I dig Duff's vocals actually. Beleive in me was a great album. Here is the official site for Loaded for anyone interested.

http://duff-loaded.com/
  • Options
    I dig Duff's vocals actually. Beleive in me was a great album.

Believe in Me was pretty awful IMO, he was wasted at that time of his life and he talks in the liner notes how he wrtoe the songs really quick, it shows, or how they recorded it really quick, his vocals could've used some work. I like his stuff with loaded a lot more, also if you can find his second solo album Beautiful Disease get it, it was never released but is a step up from the crappy BIM.
  • Options
    holtz wrote:
    Believe in Me was pretty awful IMO, he was wasted at that time of his life and he talks in the liner notes how he wrtoe the songs really quick, it shows, or how they recorded it really quick, his vocals could've used some work. I like his stuff with loaded a lot more, also if you can find his second solo album Beautiful Disease get it, it was never released but is a step up from the crappy BIM.

He has improved and I won't argue that or anything else but I still stand by the fact that BIM is my favorite.
  • Options
    JordyWordy wrote:
    €28 + charges from ticketmaster. On in the Academy (shithole but thats life).
    Fri 26 Sep 2008, 19:00
    had a listen and you're right, pretty good. buying my ticket now!

Awesome... two days before my birthday. :D I'll most likely see you there.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Duff kicks ass go watch him play. Its real music. His voice although not the best out there. Still solid.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Duff McKagan of GNR/Velvet Revolver put up tracks from his side project, LOADED, for guilt-free downloads. This is from the "Dark Days" album.

http://www.idolmanagement.com/duffmckag ... rkdays.htm
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,889
    Great song... Gives me some of those Greg Dulli/Twilight Singers vibes... 

https://youtu.be/x1_3exdYijQ?si=8VTGb-0LlHlySqUw
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby