Albany's Tulip Fest

bigdvsbigdvs Posts: 235
edited May 2008 in Other Music
Wow what a great little FREE concert this past weekend. Brought to us by the amazing 102.7 WEQX out of Vermont. Line up for the day was 1pm The Black and White Years, they we were good from what people were saying (we got there late), the Rustic Overtones at 3PM, absolutely amazing pretty much stole the show and finished up with The Spin Doctors. They are releasing a new album later this year and played some of that but they spread out "Little Miss Cant Be Wrong" "Pocket Full of Kryptonite" and "Two Princes" to keep the crowd of about 8,000 interested.

Was anyone else on these boards in attendance??
"The really important thing is not to live, but to live well. And to live well meant, along with more enjoyable things in life, to live according to your principles."
— Socrates

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Wow, The Rustic Overtones. I had no idea they were still around. They used to come around our town when I was in college in the mid 90's.

I haven't been to the Tulip Fest in years (I grew up outside of Albany). If I remember, that was the festival that my next door neighbor was the "queen" of once.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • bigdvsbigdvs Posts: 235
    From what I understand Rustic Overtones just got back together last year and started playing in the Northeast again. Lots of vids on youtube if anyone wants to listen. I believe their newest single is "Letter to the President" which is cool.

Other songs:

Oxygen
    Combustible
    Rock Like War
    Come On
    "The really important thing is not to live, but to live well. And to live well meant, along with more enjoyable things in life, to live according to your principles."
    — Socrates