cant duplicate real music

robowskirobowski Posts: 143
edited May 2007 in Other Music
lately there is so much trash on the radio waves and tv (am. idol) i have been regressing to the 90s alternative rock scene of late - must be one of the side effects of entering my 30's and feeling like a fuck up lol

so on to my point - im looking for some great bands from that time --- i prefer those outside of the mainstream (no nirvana, soundgarden, etc.)
i ve picked up some great cds from half.com of late - stuff you can't find around here and stuff that you just don't hear anymore

can someone recommend me some great bands to follow up on ???
it has to have a raw alternative sound and be from around the 90s

lately ive been listening to bands like hater, tad, screaming trees - those are good examples to start with

peace
Rob
As you live your life in sometimes quiet desperation, facing adversity and tragedy: if you have hope and love, that mixture helps you overcome that tragedy and go on with the rest of your life.”
--Jack Lengyel
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    robowski wrote:
    lately there is so much trash on the radio waves and tv (am. idol) i have been regressing to the 90s alternative rock scene of late - must be one of the side effects of entering my 30's and feeling like a fuck up lol

so on to my point - im looking for some great bands from that time --- i prefer those outside of the mainstream (no nirvana, soundgarden, etc.)
    i ve picked up some great cds from half.com of late - stuff you can't find around here and stuff that you just don't hear anymore

can someone recommend me some great bands to follow up on ???
    it has to have a raw alternative sound and be from around the 90s

lately ive been listening to bands like hater, tad, screaming trees - those are good examples to start with

peace
    Rob

yeah sorry to answer without really giving you the answer you're looking for, but anyway.....why limit yourself to music from a specific time peiod. i agree the mainstream really sucks these days, but there is actually some really great music out there. you just have to look for it, or just keep your ears open. wouldn't you prefer to get into some bands still making music.
  • InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    Slint