dc4c

robowskirobowski Posts: 143
edited May 2008 in Other Music
The new death cab CD - narrow stairs is out today and I think they are on letterman tonight. This is one kick ass band - i've listened to the first 3 tracks on my way to work and can't wait to get out of here to catch the rest!!
I highy recommend the 2004 Transatlanticism album.

"The glove compartment isn't accurately named and everybody knows it- so I'm proposing a swift orderly change.
cause behind its door there's nothing to keep my fingers warm
and all I find are souvenirs from better times
before the gleam of your taillights fading east
to find yourself a better life."

Title and Registration - DC4C
As you live your life in sometimes quiet desperation, facing adversity and tragedy: if you have hope and love, that mixture helps you overcome that tragedy and go on with the rest of your life.”
--Jack Lengyel
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm loving the new album. I'll be seeing them in Chicago and at Bonnaroo, can't wait to hear the new material live.
  • et21et21 Posts: 112
    I discovered them at the PJ show in Kissimmee (Orlando)2004.
    I remember hearing Transatlanticism the song live and it really spoke to me at the time of what I needed. Some slow, atmospheric music. Then I got the album and listened to it over and over again in Jan-April 2005, that and The Photo Album were the soundtrack to my life at that time.
    Incredibly catchy and happy. I don't care if some people don't like them, I find them great. I also like Plans (which many do not) and The Postal Service.

They were my first "Indie" band.
    I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened.