Candlebox

gmcabralgmcabral Posts: 50
edited June 2006 in Other Music
i was camping this past weekend and put in the first Candlebox CD and it brought back so many good memories from the early 90s.

I see they are on tour again: http://pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=All&Content=candlebox&go_green.x=0&go_green.y=0

Was wondering if anyone has hear if Kevin Martin is on lead vocals again. I know he had another band going for a while, but I can't find any information on Candlebox now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    7/29/06 in Boston...what a f*ckin' good time!!! I would love to go!!:D
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • i love candlebox

far behind is my fave song by them. what are the chances of them hitting the uk on their reunion tour? 0% probably. :(
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Candlebox is a great band, what a great singer Kevin Martin is cant wait to see them live.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    oooo damn theyre good... trying to decide if i wanna make the drive up to summerfest on the 4th... itll probably be swamped that day....
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    they're playing in my town on July 10. will be there. should be interesting. hope they play some happy pills stuff. that record was neat.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • merlynmerlyn Posts: 179
    oh my god, they're bk. was listening to them the other day 4 got they were so fuckin awesome. mmmmmmmmmm what to do now. far behind choice song dogs
    champagne for my real friends & i'm a real pain for my sham friends.. ;)
  • cookie5798cookie5798 Posts: 396
    I get to go see them in Atlanta in August. I can't wait for this shit. I heard they put on a really good show!! I don't think they have played since 97 so this should be some good shit!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Has anyone seen them live on this tour?? Damn I can't believe I didn't know about this tour until today! They sent me a friends request (probably not Kevin himself...lol) on myspace with the tour info. AWESOME!!!!! I can't wait...Happy Pills is one of my all time favorite non-PJ albums.
    Tell the captain 'This boats not safe and we're drowning.'
    Turns out he's the one making waves
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Great band cant wait to see them live. Also go check out Kevin Martin and the hiwatts, that cd is a classic thats his solo album from 2004.
  • blast from the past for sure, I saw them at the Roseland back in like Nov 94 with the flaming lips and sweetwater...so damn good

wonder if they still hold up live
    If it weren't for my horse, I never would have spent that year in college.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    They are playing a free show in Raleigh next month at Moore Square park. Gotta try to get down to this.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • I'm getting tix to the Wichita show in September.

I wonder if they change up their set-lists each show...maybe I'll make the short drive to Wichita to see them and again in Denver...
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I remember the laugh I got from Peter Klett when I told him that their first album got me laid more times than I can count. Good band...good, melodic songwriting.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    glad they are touring again...i think they were an underrated band and i think Happy Pills, their last album didnt get enough respect
  • Tickets are $19.00 here but after Ticketmaster rapes everyone, it's $32.95. OR...

VIP Packages!

The band has partnered with StubHub for the first time ever, to offer special VIP Packages for the upcoming shows. The VIP Packages cost $75 and get you:

- VIP Seating Within First 5 Rows where reserved seating is available

- Meet & Greet with the Band

- "The Best of Candlebox" CD autographed by the band

- Commemorative VIP laminate (designed by Candlebox singer Kevin Martin)

To see if VIP Packages are available for the show in your area, check out StubHub.com

Stay tuned for more information.