Options

Him

UlalumeUlalume Posts: 48
edited June 2006 in Other Music
http://www.heartagram.com

This is an amazing band from Finland. If you go into their site, you can hear some of the songs from their newest album, Dark Light. Don't expect them to sound like Pearl Jam. They are the creators of "Love Metal," which is what they call their music. Just give them a chance.
How dark a woe! yet how sublime a hope!
How silently serene a sea of pride!
How daring an ambition! yet how deep--
How fathomless a capacity for love!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i... tried to listen. just couldn't get into it, although the songs got better.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    I saw HIM at the Gorge on Friday... I'd never heard of them before but they were VERY VERY good. It was a festival and they were by far the second best band on the line-up (NIN was headlining). I'd definitely see them again... good players, good songs, great stage presence and quite listenable.
    Thanks for the link!!
    ... wish the world could go again with love ...
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    him is pretty repelling.

there are good bands from finland, but they are not one of them
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    rock_goddessrock_goddess Posts: 970
    I like them, got two of their albums, love metal and dark light prefer dark light though.
    *Fellow astorian*

20/4/06 Astoria
    23/8/06 Dublin

http://www.myspace.com/rockgoddess1318
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I hate this band with a passion, pure evil in my opinion.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    I'm a decent fan of the band. Seen 'em three times around Chicago and Milwaukee. I wasn't too thrilled with the production work on their latest CD Dark Light, I like the sound from Deep Shadows and Razorblade Romance better.

The 69 Eyes are a pretty cool band too.
  • Options
    bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    They are OK, I just can't stand the 14-yeard poser goths that deck out in their shirts from Hot Topic.
  • Options
    UlalumeUlalume Posts: 48
    I'm a decent fan of the band. Seen 'em three times around Chicago and Milwaukee. I wasn't too thrilled with the production work on their latest CD Dark Light, I like the sound from Deep Shadows and Razorblade Romance better.

The 69 Eyes are a pretty cool band too.

Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights is my favorite album. But Dark Light has grown on me. It has some really good songs.

The 69 Eyes are awesome. Especially live. Their energy and enthusiam is better than HIM's.

Does anyone know about Entwine? Another good Finnish band.
    How dark a woe! yet how sublime a hope!
    How silently serene a sea of pride!
    How daring an ambition! yet how deep--
    How fathomless a capacity for love!
  • Options
    bryn_cmbs wrote:
    They are OK, I just can't stand the 14-yeard poser goths that deck out in their shirts from Hot Topic.

I agree with ya on that one. They were running around like vermin at the last show I went to at the Congress Theater in Chicago, thanks to Q101 playing "Wings of a Butterfly" 20 times a day.
    Ulalume wrote:
    The 69 Eyes are awesome. Especially live. Their energy and enthusiam is better than HIM's.

Yeah, I had a better time at the 69 Eyes show than any of the HIM shows I've attended. They have good energy onstage.
  • Options
    NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    Why are you pressing this band like they are some local band that no one has ever heard of?

HIM has been around for an extremely long time.

No offense, but it's like coming in here saying... check out this band called Rancid.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    Señor BoSeñor Bo Posts: 68
    stu gee wrote:
    I hate this band with a passion, pure evil in my opinion.

DITTO.
    I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month.
  • Options
    David5345David5345 Posts: 9
    They suck.
  • Options
    exolsticeexolstice Posts: 85
    I'm affraid if I start listening to them, I'll have to start buying my clothes at Hot Topic. *shudders*
  • Options
    ville valo has one of the greatest voices i know, he is really hot, and when you see him outside of this bam margera show you'll see that he is really intelligent and funny

but his band sucks, he can't write good songs and their lyrics are just silly

he should sing more songs for apocalyptica
    "now i've got room to spread my wings and my messages of love...yeah love was my drug but that's not what i died of"

"I don't wanna think, I wanna feel"

"Go then, there are other worlds than these!" - Jake Chambers

09/02/2005 Vancouver
    09/23/2006 Berlin
    06/21/2007 Düsseldorf