Options

RHCP old stuff

New Orleans DudeNew Orleans Dude Posts: 61
edited April 2006 in Other Music
i was just reading some reviews of their new song dani california and someone said you should like this except if you like their old "crap". thats what he called the old good stuff, crap. he should be shot. those older albums like freaky styley and mothers milk are what they are all about and what got them started. that just really pissed me off.

And does anyone think the chili peppers are kind of going a little towards pop in their new stuff. i thought since rick rubin was back with them again, it would be more like some older work. i still like the song but dont want to bash one of my favorite bands by saying they're going more pop rock oriented.
im awesome
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Banana-RamaBanana-Rama Posts: 108
    I think they are going a tad pop-ish but I still love them :D and IMHO they still rock and are better than most current "mainstream" bands.
    "If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend" - STP

"Frugality without creativity is deprivation." - Amy Dacyczyn

Proud Supporter of the CAROLINA HURRICANES. GO CANES GO!!!
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    are better than most current "mainstream" bands.

that isn't saying much at all

and to the orignal poster, yeah they are pretty poprock, from what I've heard
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:

what you mean by that
    im awesome
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:

and to the orignal poster, yeah they are pretty poprock, from what I've heard

What I meant by that was the fact that they are turning pop-ish and radio friendly but can still beat the shit out of just about any current mainstream band.

• Options
    What I meant, and this really addresses both posts, is that mainstream music today is pretty much awful, and saying a band is the "best of the bunch" really doesn't count for much (well, to me anyways).
  • Options
    I argee and does it seem to you like most decent older bands are turning into mainstream shit now? I can only pray that this doesn't happen to PJ (after hearing what I have heard from the new CD it doesn't appear to be so)

• Options
    i can definitely garuntee you that that wont happen with PJ. and it is kind of true about good old bands turning more mainstream, not that that's all bad but the bad thing is it changes their sound. i mean its good to be accepted by a lot of people thats called success, but when it affects your sound and everything else that made you what your band is, its a bad thing
    im awesome
  • Options
    and selling out and MTV comes and ruins everything
    im awesome
  • Options
    most of the early 90's radio invasion is stagnating now, and well to be honest kind of has been for a few years. I just don't look to the huge names for quality stuff anymore, and I guess I no longer get surprised when RHCP or Pearl Jam or Audioslave ( I know they aren't a 90's band but you get the point - they were musicians who rode the 90's wave) drops another shitty or subpar album. I know they'll probably kick and scream and maybe even make some noise and get some radio hits, but my days of expecting anything from or even listening to new stuff from bands like the RHCP, U2, Green Day, The Foo Fighters, Colpday, Audioslave, Metallica and other such megastars is probably over, not because they are immensely popular, but because their musical production over the last decade has been pretty dismal for me. I don't expect many to follow suit, but hey, more power to them if they do.
  • Options
    i agree. i still like them and all but mostly for their old albums. all those bands u mentioned are going more into what the public wants to hear and not about what the music is anymore
    im awesome
  • Options
    well, some of them I never liked in the first place, but some of them have genuinely great albums/songs in the past that I love to listen to still, although I revisit albums less and less now that I keep looking out for new stuff to listen to(not that I have a probalem with that, really)
  • Options
    hopefully in the next 5 or 10 years when cycles of change in music happen, it will be all good again for a while... atleast i hope
    im awesome
  • Options
    hopefully in the next 5 or 10 years when cycles of change in music happen, it will be all good again for a while... atleast i hope

Man, music is so awesome right now, I don't know where you are getting the idea it isn't (well, except for maybe what's on the radio/tv)
  • Options
    thats what i meant MTV and stuff
    im awesome
  • Options
    ahhh.

I don't really see it changing all that much, unless our tastes seem to enjoy whatever is making money in that particular month
  • Options
    wow a second page. a great accomplishment
    im awesome