Layne Staley

dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Everyone take a minute today for Layne Staley. Gremmie95 suggestion was to listen to some Jar of Flies today.
Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Uhm, you're a little late aren't you ?

Staley died April 5th.
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    Uhm, you're a little late aren't you ?

Staley died April 5th.

Someone has their grunge hero deaths messed up or is it reference to song 4/20/02?

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Uhm, you're a little late aren't you ?

Staley died April 5th.
    He was found dead on the 19th and it was released to the world on the 20th.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • dirtyT wrote:
    He was found dead on the 19th and it was released to the world on the 20th.

that is the most depressing part. being dead for 2 weeks before someone discovers it. especially when the someone was Layne.
    4-30-03
    7-06-03
    7-11-03
    9-28-04
    9-29-04
    5-13-06
    6-03-06
    6-27-08
  • WE can at least remember him on these days (the 5th and the 19th or 20th) so, it's not like there is a limit to the amount of thought one can send a soul.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    I onlyheard of his demise from this board about 18months ago, real shame. cannot say I was surprised. a great live singer. RIP
  • peepspeeps Posts: 79
    i probably shouldn't voice my opinion in this thread about the situation......
  • pjamdude69pjamdude69 Posts: 174
    Man, can't believe it's been five years. Today's one of my bros B-days, and it was at his 30th b-day party where I heard on the radio that Layne was gone.. Fuckin sad man.. I think I'll put on some "Facelift" tonight for sure..
    "On the edge of a know-nothin' town, Feelin' quite superior in Den Haag"

11.05.93- Indio, CA
    07.13.98- Inglewood, CA
    10.28.00- San Bernardino, CA
    06.02.03- Irvine, CA
    07.23.06- The Gorge
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    peeps wrote:
    i probably shouldn't voice my opinion in this thread about the situation......

Why? Do you think your view is unpopular?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • that is the most depressing part. being dead for 2 weeks before someone discovers it. especially when the someone was Layne.
    well, that's what happens when you're a drug addict... too bad for him. great and all, that's what was coming for him.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    that is the most depressing part. being dead for 2 weeks before someone discovers it. especially when the someone was Layne.

are there any photos of layne when he was found dead?
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
    justam wrote:
    Why? Do you think your view is unpopular?

:)
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    suns rival wrote:
    are there any photos of layne when he was found dead?

:eek: Are you asking so that you can see them? Of course there are pictures of him when he was found. They would have been taken by the forensic / police team.
    As for them being publically available, I would hope not.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    findadeath.com has pictures of his body.
  • korbykorby Posts: 298
    when your strange. nobody remebers your name
    its ok
  • Why commemorate the tragedy of his death day. We should all cherish the day he was born instead. 8/22 is a much better day.

I like 4/20 for other reasons, but goddamn, why are there so many depressing events surrounding this date?
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
    peeps wrote:
    thats one sick fuckin site
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    peeps wrote:

i can't find layne's on this site. where is it?
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
    elmer wrote:
    thats one sick fuckin site

hey, you went there.
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    i like to celebrate Layne's life. I know he is gone, which is sad, but we have his music to continue on. It just sucks that he is gone. :( RIP Layne.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
    peeps wrote:
    hey, you went there.
    yep but didnt come across layne anywhere
  • WE can at least remember him on these days (the 5th and the 19th or 20th) so, it's not like there is a limit to the amount of thought one can send a soul.
    I think about him all the fucking time!
    "Come on people now, smile on your brother and everybody get together, try to love one another right now!!!!"
    "You my friend, I will defend and if we change, well I love you anyway"
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine, I AM MINE"
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    cant listen to jar of flies when its not his death day?
  • I BrisK I wrote:
    cant listen to jar of flies when its not his death day?

you can listen jar of flies everyday. just don't go see this new alice in chains band. i know jerry wrote and sang in half the songs, but i think it is disrespectful to layne to have some shmuck up there singing his songs under the original name. same goes for blind melon.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    you can listen jar of flies everyday. just don't go see this new alice in chains band. i know jerry wrote and sang in half the songs, but i think it is disrespectful to layne to have some shmuck up there singing his songs under the original name. same goes for blind melon.

saw them twice last year on their first tour and they totally rock.. was too young to see the real AIC but this is nice:)

but they only played their hits, no special acoustic + electric setslists etc..
  • I BrisK I wrote:
    saw them twice last year on their first tour and they totally rock.. was too young to see the real AIC but this is nice:)

but they only played their hits, no special acoustic + electric setslists etc..

i understand there is a need for people to get their alice fix in, i just won't do it. To me layne was one of the great vocalists and i just couldn't watch anyone else try to mimic him.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    korby wrote:
    when your strange. nobody remebers your name
    well said.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    i understand there is a need for people to get their alice fix in, i just won't do it. To me layne was one of the great vocalists and i just couldn't watch anyone else try to mimic him.
    seeing anyone but layne up there singing those songs would break my heart. I just couldn't do it... and I never even saw him live.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"