Sap Or Jar Of Flies?

dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Which one do you prefer. I know they are both amazing albums, but just curious.
Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    Jar Of Flies is my favourite chill-out album of all time. Gotta go for it over Sap, if the two had been released as the one full-length album it would've been amazin
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Well, I just put both on one cd-r. But if I was forced to choose, I'd have to go with Jar of Flies. But next month I will probably say Sap. Both show the greatness and range of the band. To go from Facelift and Dirt to these two albums (ep's) is just incredible.
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i love jar of flies. but when i put sap on hearing cornell's voice come out of the speakers during right turn is just divine.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Oh my god...this has got to be the most difficult question to answer EVER!!!

It's like asking me if I'd rather sleep with Sebastian Bach or Chris Cornell.

To make things fair, I'm going to base my decision on the "shit tracks"

"Love Song" is...in my opinion, far better than "Swing on This"

Sap, it is.
    I'll cut you in.
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Very, very tough. But I'd go for Jar of Flies, which is one of my favorite albums ever.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    edved82 wrote:
    Jar Of Flies is my favourite chill-out album of all time. Gotta go for it over Sap, if the two had been released as the one full-length album it would've been amazin
    I agree.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    By the way, I think my answer is SAP, in a very, very close battle.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    both
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i don't have to choose...i have the double lp with both!

but i'd probably choose sap, just because it came out first and it's a bit more rootsy.

what is this double lp??

i think id go for jar of flies, but then im not sure if i ever actually listened to all of sap. but i stay away, no excuses, and don't follow are probly my 3 fav aic songs period, so that's tough to beat.
  • Lisa81Lisa81 Posts: 132
    Jar of Flies has been my fave AIC since I was 14!
    www.flickr.com/photos/ljrw
  • Jar of Flies
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • piaget77piaget77 Posts: 156
    Enamored with SAP.
  • Well considering that I combined these 2 lovely discs onto 1 disc...I will say that Jar Of Flies/Sap is the best. :)
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Sap
  • chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    sap
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Jar Of Flies
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Jar of Flies for me, it don't get better than the first four songs on that record.
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I love Jar of Flies. It is my favorite AIC record.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    RIGHT TURN alone makes me wanna instantly say SAP. :o All of these voices together???? :eek:
    I mean god damn! Serious dream come true.

But honestly if forced to choose it's JAR OF FLIES all the way for me. No contest really.
    Love this brilliant album to no end. :o
    I still can't believe it's only 7 tracks long!!!!
    As I always say, prime example of quality not quantity
    ...and further proof of the genius that is AIC.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • mramonemramone Posts: 168
    my favourite ????? mmmmmmmmmmm

Jar Of Flies
    "Hey Ho ... Let´s Go "
  • Jar Of Flies is way better. Longer, better written, etc etc. Sap is beautiful though. I pair the two when I listen anyway :cool:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    what is this double lp??

i think id go for jar of flies, but then im not sure if i ever actually listened to all of sap. but i stay away, no excuses, and don't follow are probly my 3 fav aic songs period, so that's tough to beat.

There was a re-release with Sap and jar Of Flies on the same LP/CD, could be wrong but I think it was a European release only. You can pick em up on ebay
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    SAP all the way
  • Definately going with JAR OF FLIES!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i'm a jar head.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    They're both good, but jar of flies is better I think.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • JPS79JPS79 Posts: 148
    jar of flies simply because it has 2 more songs than sap, love the whole jar album and the first 3 tracks on sap.
    Seems the more you make
    equals the loneliness you get
  • Jar of Flies... because it is timeless and emotion laden ... and it will always be so close to my heart... :)
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    jar of flies....
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...