Pennywise

Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
edited April 2008 in Other Music
What a great punk band, love these guys and wondered if anyone else is a fan? I discovered them when they released From the Ashes a few years back and have been hooked ever since...can't even remember how I first heard them.

If anyone is a fan or wants to give them a try go to http://www.pennywisdom.com, send a friend request from myspace and download their new album to be released Tuesday for free. I'm listening to it now...actually opened a myspace account just to download the album
All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I have a buddy who opened a MySpace for that exact reason also.

I have been a fan for over a decade, however admittedly haven't listened to them much over the past 5 years. I moved on from my SoCal punk phase I guess.

I am seeing them live again next month though as I can't pass up a $9.33 ticket.

Full Circle is by far my favorite. the last one I grabbed was From the Ashes though I can't remember a thing about it.
  • Just started to get into them recently. 1st song I heard was Bro Hymn - it's played every time the Springfield Falcons hockey team scores. My 4 year old son loves that song from all the games we go to, so I did a little research and found out it was Pennywise. I originally only downloaded them for my son - but I have to admit I'm starting to get into the "rest" of their music.
  • From the Ashes was actually the begining of my SoCal punk phase, -- which is over -- but I have hung on to PW. I didn't even know their new one was coming out until I stumbled across it on billboard.com. It sounds really good so far...well, it sounds exactly the way I wanted it to sound..not many surprises from them
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • gtrplyrgtrplyr Posts: 115
    haha Bro Hymn is the ultimate.

I've seen Pennywise a few times...always a fun show. Haven't listened to them much for the last 5 years or so...i also kinda grew out of the punk phase...but they are the real deal.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Used to love these guys in junior high......in fact, I was really until the whole west coast punk thing. I dont listen to them at all anymore as with the rest of the bands.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    well, I saw them live last night. It has been 10 years since I have seen both these bands. things I noted.

1. Strung Out opened. I forgot how good they are. They are technically very strong and Mind of My Own is just a fucking awesome song. No Ultimate Devotion which I thought was odd. My buddy bought their newest CD. I'll probably give it a shot.

2. Bro-Hymn - this song never gets old. Such a perfect closer. I have been humming it ever since.

I'll probably go on a little So Cal kick (I saw NOFX and NUFAN last week) for awhile and then shelve it for another couple years for no particular reason.