Got Foo?

Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
edited January 2008 in Other Music
I went to see the Foo Fighters in Memphis over the weekend and was totally blown away. What a great show! I know what a great live band PJ is, but I think now FF is right up there with them. Dave knows how to work a crowd.

If anyone has the opportunity to check them out on this tour I would highly recommend it. Hell, I'm ready to go again!
All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• OdinOdin Posts: 599
    I'm seeing them in a little less than a month. Including Ticketmaster charges, I ended up paying over $50. I hope it's worth it.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    It is totally worth it. I flew in to Dallas to visit some friends from college, and we went to the show. It was my 3rd time seeing the Foo fighters. Amazing show even though Dave's voice did sound a little hoarse at times when he talked to the crowd. I loved how they did an acoustic set this time, and it's cool seeing Pat smear play with them for the additional foo fighters. They have been playing about 30 minutes longer too which is cool, so they have expanded their set length which is cool, just more time to rawk!
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I am also seeing them the 24th in Detroit

I haven't seen them since 1998

what song did they open with ?

EDIT: February 24
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    smarchee wrote:
    what song did they open with ?
    They're opening with Let It Die this tour I think.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    Yeah, they're a great live band. Saw them twice when they toured for The Colour and the Shape, and once more when they opened for the Chili Peppers (for their 3rd album).
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
    fowls wrote:
    They're opening with Let It Die this tour I think.

that is the one I think would sound great as the opener
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I went to see the Foo Fighters in Memphis over the weekend and was totally blown away. What a great show! I know what a great live band PJ is, but I think now FF is right up there with them. Dave knows how to work a crowd.

If anyone has the opportunity to check them out on this tour I would highly recommend it. Hell, I'm ready to go again!

They may be up to par as far as playing live but their songs arent even close to as good at PJs.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • 1/25/08 Memphis
    Let It Die • The Pretender • All My Life • My Hero • Learn To Fly • Breakout • Cheer Up Boys, Your Make Up Is Running • This Is A Call • Stacked Actors • Times Like These • Marigold • See You • Cold Day In The Sun(Taylor on vocals) • But, Honestly • Everlong • Monkey Wrench • Big Me • Long Road To Ruin • Best Of You

It was cool to have Pat Smear playing with them. We were fifth row up at the back of the arena and the acoustic stage dropped out of the roof right in front of us basically. They played acoustic (sorta) beginning with Time Like These and then on Everlong the band went back to the main stage leaving dave alone for the first part of Everlong. Then they ended Everlong full band. We got lucky in a way, because Dave got sick the next day leading to the cancellation of shows in arkansas and Oklahoma
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    zircona1 wrote:
    Yeah, they're a great live band. Saw them twice when they toured for The Colour and the Shape, and once more when they opened for the Chili Peppers (for their 3rd album).
    Lucky! I've seen them 11 times since the One By One tour (with 12 and 13 on the way in June). I'd rather have seen them once on the TCATS tour than all the times I've seen them up til now.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
    fowls wrote:
    Lucky! I've seen them 11 times since the One By One tour (with 12 and 13 on the way in June). I'd rather have seen them once on the TCATS tour than all the times I've seen them up til now.

I too saw them twice on the Colour & The Shape tour

so I'm cool as well :cool:

:p
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto