Rock n roll revival

Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
edited February 2008 in Other Music
While I'm sure Kid Rock isn't very popular around here, me and the boys went to see him Wednesday night and I got to see one of my first heroes in music...Rev Run of RunDMC. Run came out and did all classic DMC songs, as well as a cover of "for what its worth" and it was pretty damn cool.
Dickey Betts was also on the show, which I was excited about, but he was so damn drunk it was unbearable...he was terrible.

But if you were ever a fan of RunDMC you should catch this show if you get a chance
All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    While I'm sure Kid Rock isn't very popular around here, me and the boys went to see him Wednesday night and I got to see one of my first heroes in music...Rev Run of RunDMC. Run came out and did all classic DMC songs, as well as a cover of "for what its worth" and it was pretty damn cool.
    Dickey Betts was also on the show, which I was excited about, but he was so damn drunk it was unbearable...he was terrible.

But if you were ever a fan of RunDMC you should catch this show if you get a chance

My sister went to the Tupelo show and said Run came out to do We Be Illin' and Walk This Way.

I'm not a big fan of Kid Rock, but she made it sound like it was a good time.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Kid Rock might be the closest thing to a modern-day KISS...just entertaining rock. I'm not a fan of either, but I could see myself having fun at their shows (provided that I was stinking drunk of course).
  • Run did Its Tricky, you be illin', king of rock, peter piper (i think). Maybe a couple more....I was pretty drunk by that time

I am by no means a huge fan of Kid, but have seen him several times since one of my best friends is a die-had fan. You are right about him being the modern version of KISS...I had always tried to compare him to some other group but never thought about them. It is true though that it is hard not to have a great time at one of his shows. It is definitely entertaining every time
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Run did Its Tricky, you be illin', king of rock, peter piper (i think). Maybe a couple more....I was pretty drunk by that time

I am by no means a huge fan of Kid, but have seen him several times since one of my best friends is a die-had fan. You are right about him being the modern version of KISS...I had always tried to compare him to some other group but never thought about them. It is true though that it is hard not to have a great time at one of his shows. It is definitely entertaining every time
    I agree I also have a friend who loves Kid Rock and we always have a good time at his shows. I like when he plays some country stuff. Later Yostarama