Nickelback?

pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
edited September 2007 in Other Music
Ok, basically I'm just curious to know if anyone on here really likes nickelback. Personally I really dont like them . I would never buy one of their albums or go to a concert but if I hear one of their songs on the radio I won't necessarily change it. I just wanted to find out if any big nickelback fans lurk around on here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I don't like them
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • For me they really epitomise everything that's shitty about rock music, bad lyrics, boring, predictable riffs and a really annoying singer who can't help but sing everything like he's trying to puke up a hedgehog. What's more, I hate the way they are trying to hi-jack the grunge sound, yet lyrically they are a dirty cock rock band. I prefer Creed to Nickelback, and that's saying something.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Ok, basically I'm just curious to know if anyone on here really likes nickelback. Personally I really dont like them . I would never buy one of their albums or go to a concert but if I hear one of their songs on the radio I won't necessarily change it. I just wanted to find out if any big nickelback fans lurk around on here.
    They have some pretty good songs. I'll admit it. I have no idea why they get so much hatred around here. Chad Krieger sounds NOTHING like Ed, and their music doesn't sound like pearl jam either. If pressed I'd honestly say they have a bit of southern rock influence. I'm not saying they are southern rock, they are not. But they do have a tad of that style in their sound, and that's only if I had to compare them to some type of genre. I actually want to see them live. I wanted to take my mom (HUGE Nickelback fan) to see them for her Birthday but it poured rain the day of the show, and she won't sit on the lawn in the rain. the seats were just too expensive for the whole family. I was unemployed at the time, otherwise I would have sprung for the seats. Lawn was 40 bucks each anyway which suprised me for Nickelback. But yeah, no idea why Nickelback gets shitted on so bad here. Matt Cameron did play drums on the "hero" song for 'spiderman 2' , even though it was just chad solo, along with Josey Scott from Siliva. I will say the one funny comment on here that someone made regarding Nickelback was they said Chad had a hair style like a poodle. That was funny, cause I really do see it now and chuckle at it when I see Nickelback on tv. The music is not bad though, I'm a fan of alot of the radio stuff.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    red mos wrote:
    They have some pretty good songs. I'll admit it. I have no idea why they get so much hatred around here. Chad Krieger sounds NOTHING like Ed, and their music doesn't sound like pearl jam either. If pressed I'd honestly say they have a bit of southern rock influence. I'm not saying they are southern rock, they are not. But they do have a tad of that style in their sound, and that's only if I had to compare them to some type of genre. I actually want to see them live. I wanted to take my mom (HUGE Nickelback fan) to see them for her Birthday but it poured rain the day of the show, and she won't sit on the lawn in the rain. the seats were just too expensive for the whole family. I was unemployed at the time, otherwise I would have sprung for the seats. Lawn was 40 bucks each anyway which suprised me for Nickelback. But yeah, no idea why Nickelback gets shitted on so bad here. Matt Cameron did play drums on the "hero" song for 'spiderman 2' , even though it was just chad solo, along with Josey Scott from Siliva. I will say the one funny comment on here that someone made regarding Nickelback was they said Chad had a hair style like a poodle. That was funny, cause I really do see it now and chuckle at it when I see Nickelback on tv. The music is not bad though, I'm a fan of alot of the radio stuff.

no
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    I BrisK I wrote:

I gotta say, as much as I dislike Nickelback if people were throwing rocks at me I'd stop the show too... that's crowd is just ignorant.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • I BrisK I wrote:

LMAO

You guys wanna hear some rock and roll? If they wanted to hear rock and roll, they wouldnt be at a Nickelback concert. Man are those guys lame, they just look so uncool standing on stage.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Sucks!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • i saw them years and years ago at a bar in canada i don't remember the name but i know it was when they only had the first album out. they were actually pretty good they had a nice raw rock sound. i didn't think they were from canada from hearing them they sounded more like they were a band outta texas. then hollywood came calling and took the raw away and cooked 'em polished 'em up packaged 'em real nice and on the shelf they went.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • DeLukin wrote:
    I gotta say, as much as I dislike Nickelback if people were throwing rocks at me I'd stop the show too... that's crowd is just ignorant.

Pearl Jam never stopped the show!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd9iOpMSOns
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Pearl Jam never stopped the show!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd9iOpMSOns
    that was bullshit.... bet you they were metalheads or something. that's why i kinda got outta that whole metal scene.... even though i still like metal.

allbeit, metal ain't like it used to be.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    i think i hate these guys the most out of any band out right now.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • nickleback is worse than terminal brain cancer
  • Im not gonna lie, i went to one of their concerts last month. It wasn't completely horrible, but probably not worth the 40 bucks i had to choke up for it. I don't own any of their albums, listen to their music, or particularly like their style, but somehow i managed to know most of the songs they played. I still wouldn't considered them a band that I like, and i can understand why some people strongly hate them... I mean c'mon, theyre canadian. (j/k to our hockey-loving friends up north)

But maybe the only reason they seemed decent was because Puddle of Mudd and Finger Eleven opened for them... they SUCKED.
    "Hey I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind..."
  • I'm afraid they bore me senseless. :)
  • hate them, except for maybe 1 song
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    It's 80's hair metal without the metal and the 80's
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:

Or the hair infact.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:

that's kinda funny
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Julien wrote:
    I don't like them

ditto. life is too short.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Or the hair infact.

There is hair, its just gericurled(sp?) instead of hairsprayed.

edit: I forgot he got his hair cut, and now he just looks like an ugly woman.
  • Julien wrote:
    I don't like them

...am I in the minority here? :cool:
    Dalai Lama—To say that humility is an essential ingredient in our pursuit of spiritual transformation may seem to be at odds with what I have said about the need for confidence. But there is clearly a distinction to be made between valid confidence or self-esteem, and conceit - which we can describe as an inflated sense of importance, grounded in a false image of self.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    ...am I in the minority here? :cool:

Heaven's no. You're in the silent majority.

:)
  • They remind me of the kid that goes and buys his first guitar only to learn how to play AC/DC and Black Sabbath songs. Two years later, he's still playing those same chords and melodies, but has yet to write any of his own original stuff.

There are certain people who judge music straight from how many times they've heard it on the radio even though it's the same song different form as what they've already heard a thousand times.
    the Minions
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    For a band that is apparently hated so much by so many on this board there are an awful lot of threads created about them!

Horrid band though i have to say.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    nickleback is worse than terminal brain cancer

!!
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Nickelback is proof that God hates us and wants us to suffer.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • I know someone who's favorite band is Nickelback. Me, him, and another friend were on our way to our history of rock class ( :cool: ) and we were listening to Alice In Chains' Best of the Box and he was saying none of the songs made any sense. :p And then I thought about the lyrics that Nickelback comes out with...
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I think admitting you like Nickelback to people that respect good music is like coming out of the closet in the 9th grade...your just asking for trouble