The White Stripes/Raconteurs

2»

Comments

• lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    Random Curiosity: Since the White Stripes released 4 albums in the space of less than three years, does that make them the most prolific band ever among a three year period? I mean, somebody surely is more prolific, but who? I can't think of anyone at the moment.

Metallica had Load, Reload, Garage Inc and S&M in a similar period. You could argue that tehy only wrote half teh songs, but then they were twice as complex too. The S&M affair was a big production too with a lot of work needed.
    I was mildly disappointed with teh Raconteurs, a bit too soft and poppy, too Beatles-like, lacked teh fire of White Stripes, and too littel of JAck's brilliant playing. I'm totally with red mos thinking he is an awesome player, totally channels Robert Johnson in both voice and guitar.
    I did like Blue Veins, so much like teh Stones Sister Morphine, Broken Boy Soldiers and a few otheres. Lots that I skip though.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • I like how this is turning into a f'in contest. Point's proven. Let's get on w/ talking about the white stripes/raconteurs
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    The Raconteurs stink coz the Greenhornes stink. I mean, what do you expect from a group whose claim to fame is "Pattern Skies?"
  • Jack White is fucking godly.
  • I am glad that I started this thread. It's turning into some amusing reads.
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    I hope the White Stripes next album is De Stijl and the S/T with Black Math thrown together in a nuclear reactor. The Greenhornes can rot in a sewer for all I care, as long as JW GETS BACK ON TRACK!
  • Alex_Coe wrote:
    I hope the White Stripes next album is De Stijl and the S/T with Black Math thrown together in a nuclear reactor. The Greenhornes can rot in a sewer for all I care, as long as JW GETS BACK ON TRACK!

I think we get the point that you don't like The Greenhornes.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Havent really heard the raconteurs but i quite like the white stripes.

JW's voice bugs the crap out of me when he sings live though, he just fucks about too much and i cant listen to anymore.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    fuck knows why this thread has turned into a petty squabble instead of a celebration of the great music that both bands produce :(

someone said they think White Stripes are shit... i think you'll find the fucking Backstreet Boys are shit... at least WS and Raconteurs are guitar-based bands who play good old fashioned rock and blues inspired tunes!!

The White Stripes were soooo different when the came on the scene, i've loved them since day one and The Raconteurs album was a fascinating switch to a full band sound for Jack... anyone that doesnt like Broken Boy Soldiers *the song not necessarily the album* is either deaf or gay... or a deaf gay dead thing

i think JW is one of the greatest guitarists of the last 30 years.. raw and intense just like Neil as someone mentioned... his WS sound is amazing!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Love them both for seperate reasons

watching the raconteurs at nottingham rock city in october was amazing, it was so damn electrifying, the natural synch that band has live is awesome, its like watching 4 mates having a laugh and playing blinding tracks at the same time

check out their versions of 'bang bang' and 'teenage kicks', fucking awesome

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • Love them both for seperate reasons

watching the raconteurs at nottingham rock city in october was amazing, it was so damn electrifying, the natural synch that band has live is awesome, its like watching 4 mates having a laugh and playing blinding tracks at the same time

check out their versions of 'bang bang' and 'teenage kicks', fucking awesome

They I agree they that are amazing in concert.
  • The Raconteurs cover of "It Ain't Easy" is also golden.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.