Manic Street Preachers

pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
edited January 2008 in Other Music
What albums should I get of theirs? Right now I have zero.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The Holy Bible
    Gold Against The Soul

Those are my 2 faves...I just spend this last weekend making 4 compilation cd's of their b-sides...fantastic band.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    The new one, "Send Away the Tigers," is awesome.

"This is My Truth Tell Me Yours," and "Lifeblood" are also awesome.

So are all the others. Can't go wrong, really. I'd actually recommend picking up the Greatest Hits package called "Forever Delayed" if you can't decide. Then use what "era" samples as a jumping-off point.

Some people will tell you that everything the band has put out after Richey Edwards disappeared "sucks". Pay them no heed.
  • rockpants wrote:
    Some people will tell you that everything the band has put out after Richey Edwards disappeared "sucks". Pay them no heed.

I agree...some of their best songs are on "This Is My Truth, Tell Me Yours" and "Know Your Enemy"

The new record is great as well.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    which album has "A Design For Life" on it, and I am hoping that is the title of the song

I only know this from watching all those European festival highlights in the 1990s, whenever this band came on, this is the song that was played, and I came to liking it
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarchee wrote:
    which album has "A Design For Life" on it, and I am hoping that is the title of the song

I only know this from watching all those European festival highlights in the 1990s, whenever this band came on, this is the song that was played, and I came to liking it

That song is on the album "Everything Must Go"
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    If you ever get a chance to see the Manics live, even if you've never heard any of their songs, make sure you go along. I was very surprised the first time I saw them. Absolutely superb live act, and I like their recordings a lot more having experienced the live show.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i've always digged this band.

only have holy bible and send away the tigers though
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    Generation Terrorists : 6/10
    Gold Against The Soul : 7/10
    The Holy Bible : 9/10
    Everything Must Go : 7/10
    This Is My Truth : 1/10 (Fucking awful uninspired MOR crapfest, hated by the fans).
    Know Your Enemy : 6/10
    Lifeblood : 8/10 (The underrated album).
    Send Away The Tigers : 7/10.