Top 102 new rock songs of all time

leafs4everleafs4ever Posts: 833
edited August 2007 in Other Music
hey guys, didn't know if anybody knew that a radio station in toronto (102.1 the edge) is doing a countdown of the top 102 new rock songs of all time. They are at songs 79 right now and it's Linkin Park - In The End.

if anybody wants to listen you can online at http://www.edge.ca
"I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    That list is terrible already if it included Linkin Park
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • agreed....the list lost any credibility i was willing to give it when i read the words "linkin park".
    they say god makes problems just to see what you can stand ~ elliott smith
  • leafs4everleafs4ever Posts: 833
    well damn, guess i picked the wrong time to post that message, should have never mentioned linkin park. Anyways, they are going to post the entire list after they have reached #1.
    They are at #19 and it's Long View by Green Day and i'm going to guess not too many people are happy with that. And the only pearl jam song i've heard so far was Yellow Ledbetter at #60 (i think).
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    i'm down with linkin park....but lists are lists anyway.
    "It's all happening"
    true, lists are lists. but i like it when i know on a saturday of the long weekend, the radio is doing a full day of the best music. Then i can just chill out, turn on the radio and know i'm going to hear some good music. Oh and btw, something a little interesting. pearl jam is on right now at #17 with Alive, just beating out Comes as you Are at 18.
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    leafs4ever wrote:
    true, lists are lists. but i like it when i know on a saturday of the long weekend, the radio is doing a full day of the best music. Then i can just chill out, turn on the radio and know i'm going to hear some good music. Oh and btw, something a little interesting. pearl jam is on right now at #17 with Alive, just beating out Comes as you Are at 18.

Nirvana...okay, now the list has lost its credibility.
    "It's all happening"
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    My money is Teen Spirit at number one.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    My money is Teen Spirit at number one.
    Jeremy no.2
    Man in the Box no.3

I'd bet $$$ too.
    well it isn't going to be Teen Spirit, everyone has been guessing Teen Spirit and the dj just said that he hasn't had the right answer yet. I'm going to say that it's Paranoid Android by radiohead. right now they just entered the top 5 and it's anarchy in the uk by the sex pistols at 5.
    edit- #4- Everlong Foo Fighters
  • leafs4ever wrote:
    well it isn't going to be Teen Spirit, everyone has been guessing Teen Spirit and the dj just said that he hasn't had the right answer yet. I'm going to say that it's Paranoid Android by radiohead. right now they just entered the top 5 and it's anarchy in the uk by the sex pistols at 5.
    edit- #4- Everlong Foo Fighters

So... how many years back does this thing go? I wouldn't have thought "new rock" applied to the Sex Pistols...
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    So... how many years back does this thing go? I wouldn't have thought "new rock" applied to the Sex Pistols...

i guess it applies to what they play on their station. They said that the results were done by weeks on their charts, inside voting, and fan voting.

And at # 1 - London Calling by The Clash
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Nirvana...okay, now the list has lost its credibility.

So, Linkin Park is okay, but the list lost credibility when Nirvana entered the list?

Huh? Did I read that right?
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    leafs4ever wrote:
    i guess it applies to what they play on their station. They said that the results were done by weeks on their charts, inside voting, and fan voting.

And at # 1 - London Calling by The Clash
    Great tune, but not 'new'.

Btw, great choice with Everlong.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V