Saw Liam Finn again last night

Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
edited May 2008 in Other Music
Liam and EJ played at Schubas in Chicago last night and rocked it as they did when I saw them in San Diego with EV. They (especially Liam) are a real joy to watch and really know how to entertain a crowd. They opened up for Laura Veirs, who was also good, but seemed kind of slow and soft after Liam and EJ rocked the house. By the end of their set they were getting loud ovations from the crowd.

Just thought I'd share, see if anyone else was there. Liam's the man!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• et21et21 Posts: 112
    I might have to check him out. What type of music does he play and what is the overall feel for his body of work? What themes does he use in his lyrics?
    I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Uncle Neil wrote:
    Liam and EJ played at Schubas in Chicago last night and rocked it as they did when I saw them in San Diego with EV. They (especially Liam) are a real joy to watch and really know how to entertain a crowd. They opened up for Laura Veirs, who was also good, but seemed kind of slow and soft after Liam and EJ rocked the house. By the end of their set they were getting loud ovations from the crowd.

Just thought I'd share, see if anyone else was there. Liam's the man!

I'm seeing him next Thursday in NYC. Can't wait! Out of curiosity how long was his set and how long did Laura Veirs play for? Thanks.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    When I saw him in San Francisco, he and EJ played for 40-45 minutes. I wasn't able to stay for Laura Veirs' set.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    boroff89 wrote:
    When I saw him in San Francisco, he and EJ played for 40-45 minutes. I wasn't able to stay for Laura Veirs' set.

you didnt miss much.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    you didnt miss much.

agreed.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,375
    Liam is most certainly the man! Me and the wife had such a good time at the show, had a chat with Liam after the show, signed and personalized a shirt for my wife and son. I asked if he was going to be returning to Chicago anytime soon and he said he would be opening for someone else in September in Chicago, he didnt know what venue it would be, I asked if it was Eddie and he just smiled at me and said "you never know"!

Great times
  • jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    Liam is most certainly the man! Me and the wife had such a good time at the show, had a chat with Liam after the show, signed and personalized a shirt for my wife and son. I asked if he was going to be returning to Chicago anytime soon and he said he would be opening for someone else in September in Chicago, he didnt know what venue it would be, I asked if it was Eddie and he just smiled at me and said "you never know"!

Great times

My wife and I saw them in Omaha last Sunday. EJ told my wife they would be "in the area" in September again, but didn't give any more details. She also said they would be releasing one of their LA shows officially. Liam live is so much better than the disc (which is also good). I have perfect live recordings from radio broadcast if anyone is interested.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
    Liam and EJ probably played for 45 minutes, as stated above. Laura Veirs played for maybe an hour.

Make sure you're on time, both times I've seen Liam he goes on promptly when he's scheduled to.
  • pjlover80pjlover80 Posts: 2
    What’s rockin guys.

My husband & I saw Liam & EJ for the 3rd time last night. Saw them 2 x during EV solo tour in Santa Barbara & LA.

This time we saw him closer to home in Philly (were from Maryland). He rocked some serious ass last night. He’s pretty incredible. We absolutely love him. I agree with you that he’s better live but I still love his album, listen to it almost every day. We also stayed after and talked to him and EJ after the show and yes they also mentioned coming back to the area in Sept but that was it.
    We stayed to eat and catch Laura Veirs but we thought she was terrible. I totally thought she sounded and looked like “Phoebe- Smelly Cat” singer from Friends. But Phoebe was much better. Sorry, just my opinion. So we left as soon as we finished our dinner. Liam didn’t play as long as we would’ve liked of course but every song they did, they rocked it.

This past weekend we also saw the Black Keys in DC, Philly & Boston. They rock even harder. You guys should check them out if you haven’t already.

Cheers!
    Seeing Liam tonight for the 5th time! Can't freaking wait. Taking my gf who has never seen/heard him. I didn't want to play the album for her as he kicks so much ass live I felt that she needed to have a proper introduction.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

mookie9999 wrote:
    Seeing Liam tonight for the 5th time! Can't freaking wait. Taking my gf who has never seen/heard him. I didn't want to play the album for her as he kicks so much ass live I felt that she needed to have a proper introduction.

Amazing, just amazing!! Loved every minute! Left halfway through Laura Veirs. She was decent but Liam is a tough act to follow!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"