Red Hot Chili Peppers Tour

iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,739
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Who has seen the Chili peppers this year?What does everyone think of the tour? I am seeing them Sunday in St. Paul.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Who has seen the Chili peppers this year?What does everyone think of the tour? I am seeing them Sunday in St. Paul.

this should go in the other music forum.. sure the mods will move it

from what ive heard from friends who are big fans... they said the sets were mediocre.. anthony cant move much anymore and just doesn't sound great

pj is much better live they said
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • They werent that good on ireland during the summer, didnt have a tap on the slane gig! Their not that great this time round.
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
    I'll be there too! Just make sure you are there early to take in the spectacle that is THE MARS VOLTA. IMO the second most important band in music!
  • I saw them in Boston and they were AMAZING!! First time seeing them and was blown away! Anthony's energy is unreal and John Frusciante rocks!! Can't wait to see them again this winter.
  • is there anyplace to find their sets? i always search and cant find any good sites that follow their tours
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    There shows are fun - I thought it was good. I've seen them every tour since 2000. Its not the same vibe as PJ show, but I really feel like an old school fan when I go to their shows. Songs you'll probably hear: Stadium Arcadium, Snow, Dani, Throw Away Your Television, By the Way, Right on Time, Californication; mainly stuff off the last 3 albums, with Blood Sugar Sex Magik and Give It Away, and Under the Bridge thrown in - I wish we got a little more funky older material, but its all enjoyable. Someone posted somewhere that they did Apache Rose Peacock, someone else heard Me and My Friends... That's not everything I remember, but it might give you an idea. John usually does a solo song. He did a tune called For Emily, and Your Pussy's Glued to a Building on Fire (ooooold solo John stuff off Niandra Lades).

I love the chilis and always have a good time at their shows.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Deadman wrote:
    I'll be there too! Just make sure you are there early to take in the spectacle that is THE MARS VOLTA. IMO the second most important band in music!

I've read reviews that the Mars Volta are awful live, so Im not quite sure what to expect from them.
    I've read reviews that the Mars Volta are awful live, so Im not quite sure what to expect from them.

I think they are, like oysters, an acquired taste. You have to hear them a few times and kind of give in to it. Its not jumping music for sure. You almost have to just listen with your eyes closed. You'll want earplugs - they are treble beasts.
  • JaneNY wrote:
    There shows are fun - I thought it was good. I've seen them every tour since 2000. Its not the same vibe as PJ show, but I really feel like an old school fan when I go to their shows. Songs you'll probably hear: Stadium Arcadium, Snow, Dani, Throw Away Your Television, By the Way, Right on Time, Californication; mainly stuff off the last 3 albums, with Blood Sugar Sex Magik and Give It Away, and Under the Bridge thrown in - I wish we got a little more funky older material, but its all enjoyable. Someone posted somewhere that they did Apache Rose Peacock, someone else heard Me and My Friends... That's not everything I remember, but it might give you an idea. John usually does a solo song. He did a tune called For Emily, and Your Pussy's Glued to a Building on Fire (ooooold solo John stuff off Niandra Lades).

I love the chilis and always have a good time at their shows.

Thanks. Yeah I was hoping they might play more songs off BSSM.
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Dani California, Can't Stop, Scar Tissue, Fortune Faded, Charlie, Parallel Universe, Under the Bridge, Give it Away, She's Only 18, Hump De Bump, Wet Stand, Right on Time, 21st Century, By the Way, Californication, Don't Forget Me. Just to name a few. These were played at the Meadowlands(NJ), though not in this order.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Saw them in London this summer.
    I enjoyed it better than in Australia in 96 or 97, where i was really disappointed.

Although the setlist is too geared towards the latest albums for my taste, but then I'm more a fan of the stuff around BSSM.

Fairly good energy, but nowhere near PJ in terms of..well anything really..variety, interaction, passion...even Flea doesn't seem to have as muh fun as Mike.

but it was allright for £15..would have been less happy had I paid the full £45 though! stupid touts..
  • Saw them in Vancouver. I wasn't that into it. But I am not a big fan of the rhcp. The super drunk fans in front of me seemed to have a good time though.
  • I saw them the other night in Columbus and it was pretty dissapointing. They didn't play with that much energy, they didn't look like they were enjoying themselves, and its the same setlist every night.
  • anybody know if you can bring cameras?
  • NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    I saw em in Philly-- John + Frusciante = Phenomenon
    Their set was only an hour and a half, but absolutely amazing
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • The band was tight, some cool jamming. Nothing suprising, but it was an amazing show! PJ is better, but it was a big party. More variation in setlists would be cool. And I agree, John Frusciante is god!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Best moment of the night: John singing 'How Deep Is Your Love'! It was brilliant. It's on youtube, check it out!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I saw them in Philly over a week ago, they were awesome in my opinion, and thought they had tons of energy , and john frusciante is a friggin god
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    the last time I saw the Peppers put on a good show was when they opened for PJ at the '00 Seattle shows. They were a little more creative with the setlists and just were having loads of fun since they weren't the headliners.
    Live Free or Die!
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    can anyone post the set-list for last night's show in Detroit. If not, is there a place where I can find this?

Thxs
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    Cleveland on halloween was awesome. Check out my pics and video:

http://www.myspace.com/volinic
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • anybody else see the chili peppers last nite in St Paul? Great show I thought.
  • this should go in the other music forum.. sure the mods will move it

from what ive heard from friends who are big fans... they said the sets were mediocre.. anthony cant move much anymore and just doesn't sound great

pj is much better live they said

Your friends are full of shit and couldn't have seen them on this tour. Anthony still has as much energy as he ever did and the rest of the guys were kicking ass as well especially John. They also sounded great and are incorporating some long jams at the start and end of their sets.
  • Looks like they just announced some new tour dates for 2007, and they will actually be coming to my neck of the woods. I was a little shocked about the ticket prices ($60 for all seats). I'm debating whether or not I should go. I like their new album, but the last two times I saw them (2000 and 1995), it was just OK. Both had setlists that were nothing but the hits, and the live versions of their songs weren't all that different from the CDs.
    oh allornone, just go see them. its a rockin time at a rhcp show. its not going to be bad. sometimes its just nice to kind of party at a show and have fun. there should be some nice solos from john besides.
  • allornone- I saw the new dates and if you can go its a no brainer this is a must see show, I saw them last month and they were incredbible.
  • Can't wait to go see them in April when they finally get down to oz...
    All this talk is making me jealous
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    is there anyplace to find their sets? i always search and cant find any good sites that follow their tours

I've posted this site many times before as this discussion has took place loads before but hey ho, another time wont hurt.:)

http://www.rhcpfrance.com/concert/concert_rhcp.php3
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Well, I'll take y'all's word for it and go to the show. Sounds like it will be a good time!