Did anyone catch Cold War Kids Academy 2 Monday 30th April

analogueaddict72analogueaddict72 Posts: 307
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Not posted for a while but had to share with you the amazing experience I had in Birmingham at the Academy 2.

I caught my new favourite Band The Cold War Kids, god these guys are fantastic, tight has hell and Nathan Willietts voice is awesome. Robbers & Cowards has gotta be my fav of the year so far and these guys didn't disappoint.

I don't what it is what with the dullness of most UK music this US band really speak to me like no other new band in ages.

Got to meet Nathan after the show and he signed my ticket and got a photo with him, he seemed really down to earth and receptive to conversation.

All in all a great night and I'd definitely catch these guys again, great support from Peak Mountain Tops as well along with regular Poet Dennis Brown.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    Saint John is one hell of a song. Some of the songs are loaded with metaphor and symbolism, so i'm really giving it a good listen. No complaints so far. Just a very good album.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    oh they're my favourite new band too. :) and in 28 days if i'm not dead from some rage virus, i will be able to watch them do their thing in sydney. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    LOVE them...i think i say that in any and all threads about this band!!

i was soooo excited when they came here to orlando :D

so much energy in their live show...matt maust (bassist) nearly knocked me out a couple times. so much fun to watch and listen.

i also had a chance to meet nathan after the show...he was so incredibly nice and polite as i fumbled through my "thank you" to him and the band. i should have gotten a pic..but he seemed so tired i didn't want to bother him too much.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    im pretty stoked about their lolla set after listening to their albums a few times.
    im pretty stoked about their lolla set after listening to their albums a few times.
    hooray! i'm glad you finally fell in "like" w/ them ;)

lolla is gonna be so much fun.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    iamsampj wrote:
    hooray! i'm glad you finally fell in "like" w/ them ;)

lolla is gonna be so much fun.

hehe, yes i did. now im waiting for my gf to buy the damn cd so i can rip it ;)

and lolla's going to be a blast. dont forget my copy of empire records!
    hehe, yes i did. now im waiting for my gf to buy the damn cd so i can rip it ;)

and lolla's going to be a blast. dont forget my copy of empire records!
    oh i won't forget :)

august can't come soon enough!! now to work on buying a plane ticket...