Silverchair in San Diego

shawzillashawzilla Posts: 5
edited November 2007 in Other Music
Anyone going to this show on Fri.?
Anyone want to go? I have an extra ticket.
Pretty much all you have to do is like Silverchair. And I figured a PJ fan AND a Silverchair fan might be good company.
Here's my Myspace so you can kinda see I'm not insane =)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=23472692&Mytoken=20050729193707

PM me if interested.

Stephen
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    if i lived anywhere near, i'd be there in a heartbeat. they are excellent live. im going to see them in chicago soon.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    love the band IF i WAS EVEN in the country I would want to go but oh well got plenty of chances being in Australa.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Grrrrrrrr.

I skipped the Anaheim show which was tonight (just because I didn't feel like going out) and Friday night I have to pick someone up at the airport. I'd bet that they give it a little extra on Friday night as an apology since it was the first cancelled show and the opener of their US tour.

Grrrrrrrr.

Have a great time.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • GO TO THIS SHOW!!!

Please post a review here afterwards. I saw SC in NYC in July and February. I don't care what anyone says....they rock! Johns has one of the greatest voices. One of the better shows I've ever seen. Don't expect much Frogstomp though.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    dharma69 wrote:
    Grrrrrrrr.

I skipped the Anaheim show which was tonight (just because I didn't feel like going out) and Friday night I have to pick someone up at the airport. I'd bet that they give it a little extra on Friday night as an apology since it was the first cancelled show and the opener of their US tour.

Grrrrrrrr.

Have a great time.

you mean you ahd a ticket you already paid for to 2 shows and just didn't go to either? that's pretty lame dude ;)
  • Oh Yeah, I'm going. I just don't want to waste an extra ticket.
    shawzilla wrote:
    Oh Yeah, I'm going. I just don't want to waste an extra ticket.

i meant dharma was lame ;)

arent all those rescheduled shows sold out? worst case is you can probly sell it at the door if you're a bit patient.
    you mean you ahd a ticket you already paid for to 2 shows and just didn't go to either? that's pretty lame dude ;)
    Listen you, if I had a ticket and skipped that show then, yes, that and I would be lame to infinity...but I didn't. And if I did, do you think that I'd admit it in public??? :rolleyes:

I'd gotten an email that a few tickets were still available for the Anaheim show and just didn't run with it. I think partially because I'm still recovering from The Hives on Saturday night!

And that's dudette to you, mister :p!

FaceSpace
    dharma69 wrote:
    Listen you, if I had a ticket and skipped that show then, yes, that and I would be lame to infinity...but I didn't. And if I did, do you think that I'd admit it in public??? :rolleyes:

I'd gotten an email that a few tickets were still available for the Anaheim show and just didn't run with it. I think partially because I'm still recovering from The Hives on Saturday night!

And that's dudette to you, mister :p!

then you are forgiven. just dont let it happen again!

and im not a sexist, dude is an equal opportunity word to me. i see no reason to denigrate women by using the ridiculous term dudette on them ;)
  • I really wish they were coming to St. Louis. Chicago is in the middle of the week which makes it difficult for me.
    Silverchair with We Are The Fury
    Tuesday, Nov 20
    The Wiltern
    Los Angeles, CA

*cough*

FaceSpace
  • How was the show????
    Talk to me people,...setlist???
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • i saw em in London not so long ago and it was ...

toilet.

honestly, not because they didnt play frogstomp but because johns is so far up his own arse he may as well be registered as a missing person. I left before the encore, there were about three ok songs all night. he ruined ana's osng coz he cldnt be arsed to sing it properly, yawn. and he is not that great a live singer.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    i saw em in London not so long ago and it was ...

toilet.

honestly, not because they didnt play frogstomp but because johns is so far up his own arse he may as well be registered as a missing person. I left before the encore, there were about three ok songs all night. he ruined ana's osng coz he cldnt be arsed to sing it properly, yawn. and he is not that great a live singer.
    Most have been an off night, most of the time he sounds great, but when he was on Leno his voice was kinda fucked up.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • i saw em in London not so long ago and it was ...

toilet.

I'll agree that he can't hit the notes live that he does in studio (I'm looking at you Straight Lines and Greatest View), but the energy the band has is unreal. I can't wait to see them live someday. I don't think he's up his own ass on stage, but he's a showman. Something that's missing from modern rock.
    kenshunt wrote:
    Most have been an off night, most of the time he sounds great, but when he was on Leno his voice was kinda fucked up.
    They should've simply cancelled that Leno performance as he was one note away from complete laryngitis with that throat infection. Wow.

I don't think anyone could've felt worse than he did that eve.

FaceSpace