Inxs

AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Hey guys,
and in particular the Australian guys,
were you fans of them?

I saw one of their videos on Vh1 classic last night and I felt so sad :( It was such a loss of great talent when Michael died.

I think it's been 10 years, right?
"...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
"Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
6-01-06
6/25/08
Free Speedy
and Metsy!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    Ok now Allie this is seriously freaky..

while in jr high school/high school I was the BIGGEST INXS fan :o Seriously.. I once spent $60 on a poster .. back in like 1988 that was a lot of cash for a high school girl. I think Michael Hutchence was the first man that I found sexy... it was sort of like "oh yeah" :o:p that is what a man IS suppose to be like :eek:
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    Ok now Allie this is seriously freaky..

while in jr high school/high school I was the BIGGEST INXS fan :o Seriously.. I once spent $60 on a poster .. back in like 1988 that was a lot of cash for a high school girl. I think Michael Hutchence was the first man that I found sexy... it was sort of like "oh yeah" :o:p that is what a man IS suppose to be like :eek:

No kidding! Wow! Maybe we were separated at birth or something? Were you born in NY?

Yeah I was super into him/them as well, they were/are one of my all time fave bands. I saw them at Nassau Coliseum when I was in high school, I think it was in 1990, and I saw them right before Michael died in some really small venue in NY that I can't even remember where it was now. He was absolutely gorgeous, for sure, and his voice was incredible. Remember when he showed up at the Video Music Awards that time and he cut his hair and everyone tripped out?

I even watched that dreadful Rock Star: Inxs thing! Eesh.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    YES!! Inxs were huge in Australia. I can't think of a person I know that has ever said they don't like Inxs.

Michael Hutchence -- REOW!!! SEXY!!!! :D:D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    Allie02 wrote:
    No kidding! Wow! Maybe we were separated at birth or something? Were you born in NY?

Yeah I was super into him/them as well, they were/are one of my all time fave bands. I saw them at Nassau Coliseum when I was in high school, I think it was in 1990, and I saw them right before Michael died in some really small venue in NY that I can't even remember where it was now. He was absolutely gorgeous, for sure, and his voice was incredible. Remember when he showed up at the Video Music Awards that time and he cut his hair and everyone tripped out?

I even watched that dreadful Rock Star: Inxs thing! Eesh.

No sadly I was born in butt fuck nowhere :o

OMG I SO remember that I was waiting for him to come out on stage and I was like WTF?? that is not Michael :eek:.. but it was :o I had SO much stuff on them.. it probably bordered on unhealthy.. :o

I would SO love to have seen them live but it never happened. I never watched the show until the last episode when someone said I should and was actually impressed with how much he did sound like him. so then my sister had tics to go.. and nobody to go with.. so I went ....
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    good evening..we're inxs and i hope you are too. :D

man i was so into InXS. i cant begin to tell you. before my eldest daughter was born they were everything to me. oh yes btw i am australian. then i got distracted and they got big and it was never the same again. and as for rock star..... :(
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I still listen to Kick.

It's a great album.
    NERDS!
    No sadly I was born in butt fuck nowhere :o

OMG I SO remember that I was waiting for him to come out on stage and I was like WTF?? that is not Michael :eek:.. but it was :o I had SO much stuff on them.. it probably bordered on unhealthy.. :o

I would SO love to have seen them live but it never happened. I never watched the show until the last episode when someone said I should and was actually impressed with how much he did sound like him. so then my sister had tics to go.. and nobody to go with.. so I went ....

Well maybe in another life we were related then :)

Wait you went to the Rock Star show, you saw JD and them?
    The show just made me sad, it was like, let the man rest in peace, stop trying to make more money.

Wow this is so cool the input from everyone in Australia too. Thanks! This to me is one of the coolest things about the Internet, learning about things from someone elses perspective in another country/culture. Thanks again
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    I still listen to Kick.

It's a great album.

It sure is! Do you have the greatest hits? And Live Baby Live? That's fantastic.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Shabooh Shoobah !!!!

Saw them at Chandler in about 1984 maybe, which is a smallish stadium, was probably a few thousand peeps, real easy to stnad near the stage without any crowd, band was very relaxed, very good, was an awesome gig really, very glad I had the chance to do that.
    Music is not a competetion.
    Allie02 wrote:
    It sure is! Do you have the greatest hits? And Live Baby Live? That's fantastic.

I have the special Live Baby Live :D

Kick was amazing. I did go see them with JD..not a proud moment but the closest I was going to get to them

I felt the same way about the show.. I thought that was so NOT what Michael was about :(
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    INXS <3<3<3

the stairs, don't change, disappear, never tear us apart, tiny little daggers,

falling down the mountain, mediate, kick, beautiful girl, calling all nations,

mystify...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

INXS <3<3<3

the stairs, don't change, disappear, never tear us apart, tiny little daggers,

falling down the mountain, mediate, kick, beautiful girl, calling all nations,

mystify...~

mystify.. great song

KICK... truly under rated :(
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Shabooh Shoobah !!!!

Saw them at Chandler in about 1984 maybe, which is a smallish stadium, was probably a few thousand peeps, real easy to stnad near the stage without any crowd, band was very relaxed, very good, was an awesome gig really, very glad I had the chance to do that.

I saw them just after Shabooh Shabah was released at the STOP THE DROP concert at the Myer Music Bowl, think it was 1981 or 1982. They headlined with Midnight Oil. Just after 10,9,8......
    I was about 12 or 13 I think. :)

Anyway, they were awesome. And Michael a true Rock Star! :)

I know that I had to buy The Swing twice because I played the first one so much that the tape got eaten by the tape player! :D

Anyway, loved INXS until they go too big! World domination has never been my thing when it comes to bands and if they get over played I'm over it!

I was devestated when Michael died. Found it so tragic.

But then I was completely devestated when we lost Shirl and I don't think I'll ever get over that!

INXS are an amazing band, but I like their early stuff best, especially The Loved One and Johnson's Aeroplane. There's another really early one that I totally adore, but as usual my brain is being useless today and I can't quite remember the name of it! Anyway, INXS are great! If it comes to me I'll edit! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    That'll be "Don't Change" !!

Why did everyone idolise Skyhooks? I mean have you seen their stuff, cheesy beyond belief, musically crap, lyrically crap, and sorry darl but Shirl might have been able to whip up a three piece swing set out of an old car bonnet, but he couldn't sing for shit !!

I saw Midnight Oil in Bundy on their 10-1 tour, what a night, spent most of it bangin my head inside their speaker bins, got wasted, hit on by a sweet chick as I walked out, great story there, one of my few regrets, ending up doing the gentlemanly thing when she told me she was a virgin about 1 sec away from ground zero. Aaaaah, sweet memories of great times !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    INXS was a really good band and Michael Hutchence was so damn talent...I really miss the classic band that could easily heat up a Wembley Stadium...
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
    That'll be "Don't Change" !!

Why did everyone idolise Skyhooks? I mean have you seen their stuff, cheesy beyond belief, musically crap, lyrically crap, and sorry darl but Shirl might have been able to whip up a three piece swing set out of an old car bonnet, but he couldn't sing for shit !!

I saw Midnight Oil in Bundy on their 10-1 tour, what a night, spent most of it bangin my head inside their speaker bins, got wasted, hit on by a sweet chick as I walked out, great story there, one of my few regrets, ending up doing the gentlemanly thing when she told me she was a virgin about 1 sec away from ground zero. Aaaaah, sweet memories of great times !!

Nah, it's not Don't Change. Great song, but not it. I think it was another cover I think maybe, much earlier than Don't Change. Let me do a little google search see if I can kick start my memory. :eek:

Pffft!! :p You'll NEVER change my opinion of Skyhooks luce. :)

I've seen The Oils 4 or 5 times I think. They're always awesome live!
    Shame that I'm struggling to listen to them these days since Petey went over to the dark side, doubt I'll ever forgive him for that, but they do still hold a very dear place in my life soundtrack. :)
    Sounds like they do for you too! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Just Keep Walking - from the original self titled.

Stay Young - from Underneath the Colors. :)

And the one that I love more than all the others, that I was struggling to find in my mental filing cabinet...........

To Look At You - from Shabooh Shoobah. God I love this song!!! :)

And of course all of The Swing. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift