Mmj

gus stillsgus stills Posts: 351
edited January 2007 in Other Music
Anybody else see the show last night in Portland? Incredible. I was expecting an hour, hour-fifteen, not almost two and a half. My ears are still ringing.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cobrahcobrah Posts: 29
    Setlist? Did they bust out Cobra?
  • destinydestiny Posts: 31
    Freaking amazing...the concert last night in Portland was hands down one of the best concerts I have been to..they have so much energy and you can tell they had as much fun as the crowd did.....good times my friends..good times :):):):):)
    How much difference does it make ?
    ***It's all state of mind***

----Gorge 05, Gorge 06' I & II, to be cont...
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    cobrah wrote:
    Setlist? Did they bust out Cobra?

When was the last time they busted out cobra? Have they ever played it?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • clayton12clayton12 Posts: 335
    yeah they busted out cobra for the New Years Eve show in San Francisco and have played it a couple of times since then. Live, that song is unreal. Saw them play it in '04 at Bonnaroo and love the crazy guitar work in the middle of the song.
  • gus stills wrote:
    Anybody else see the show last night in Portland? Incredible. I was expecting an hour, hour-fifteen, not almost two and a half. My ears are still ringing.

why the hell were you expecting an hour, hour-fifteen minute show? have you not read/heard about their live shows?
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • yeah MMJ totally rock live!! when i saw them in Philly last month they came on at 11pm and didnt stop playing until 2o minutes after 1am
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Last night was my first MMJ show as well. It was loud as hell. Amazing. The band as a whole rocks. They've taken 2nd in my best live rock acts list.

Setlist:

one big holiday
    wonderful man
    gideon
    way he sings
    wordless chorus
    laylow
    it beats 4 u
    -banter-
    phone went west
    off the record
    i will sing you songs
    golden
    dondante
    run thru
    they ran

encore:
    tonight i want to celebrate with you
    knot comes loose
    dancefloors (w/horns)
    easy morning rebel (w/horns)
    mahgeeta
    anytime
    NERDS!
  • I honestly didn't know what to expect. I went on word of mouth--I have their last couple albums and they get pretty heavy rotation on the ipod, but no, I'd never read a review of a concert. People just told me they were good live and I said fuck it, let's go. And they were DAMN good. Now second on my live fave's list too, and third isn't even close.
  • gus stills wrote:
    I honestly didn't know what to expect. I went on word of mouth--I have their last couple albums and they get pretty heavy rotation on the ipod, but no, I'd never read a review of a concert. People just told me they were good live and I said fuck it, let's go. And they were DAMN good. Now second on my live fave's list too, and third isn't even close.

just be careful, when they're on tour expect your bank account to drop real reaaaaal fast, i never thought i'd feel the same urge to travel for shows that i have for pj, but after seeing them open for pj i couldn't help myself

and as a side note, check archive.org in the next couple of weeks, or mmj's forums, the mmj fans are awesome with recording and spreading the boots in the community... did you happen to see any tapers at the show?
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Last night was my first MMJ show as well. It was loud as hell. Amazing. The band as a whole rocks. They've taken 2nd in my best live rock acts list.

Setlist:

one big holiday
    wonderful man
    gideon
    way he sings
    wordless chorus
    laylow
    it beats 4 u
    -banter-
    phone went west
    off the record
    i will sing you songs
    golden
    dondante
    run thru
    they ran

encore:
    tonight i want to celebrate with you
    knot comes loose
    dancefloors (w/horns)
    easy morning rebel (w/horns)
    mahgeeta
    anytime
    Must say I really like that setlist.

Opening with "One Big Holiday" is just setting you up for emotional exhaustion. Closing with "Anytime" will just make you want more.

"Dancefloors" and "Knot Comes Loose"....what were they thinking?

They were probably thinking, "Hmmm....now what excellent songs can we play now that dharma69's not here to hear them?".

Guess I'll just have to keep going to MMJ shows til I get those songs *sigh*.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • my dream is to one day be able to see them play strangulation! i yell for it at every show i go to and i know that one day they'll finally play it for me.

as a side note, this year marks the first time they've played dc since before it still moves was released that i won't be seeing them. i'm very sad about it :(
  • Guy in front of me videotaped the whole show, but can't say for audio. Hopefully something surfaces, thanks for the tips.