Options

ok any Mark Lanegan fans?

GodsDice724GodsDice724 Posts: 22
edited April 2006 in Other Music
Im talking his solo stuff. I mean granted Screaming Trees is and will always be on of my fav bands, but his solo stuff equals genius. Whther it be Whiskey for the Holy Ghost or his latest Bubblegum. I just think hes a incredible singer/artist. And I wish he was still with Queen of the Stone Age.
PJ Shows:

9/05/2000 Pittsburgh
4/26/2003 Pittsburgh
6/23/2006 Pittsburgh

Under your tongue...I’m like a tab...
I will give you what...you’re not s’posed to have
Pearl Jam - Last Exit
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Sign me up. I'm a big fan of "Scraps at Midnight" as well. Have you picked up "Ballad of the broken seas" his collaboration with Isobel Campbell yet?
  • Options
    Sign me up. I'm a big fan of "Scraps at Midnight" as well. Have you picked up "Ballad of the broken seas" his collaboration with Isobel Campbell yet?

after I find out how much PJ tix are gonna cost me for june 23...I def will. Ive been eyeing it up on amazon.com
    PJ Shows:

9/05/2000 Pittsburgh
    4/26/2003 Pittsburgh
    6/23/2006 Pittsburgh

Pearl Jam - Last Exit
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I have whiskey and the Holy Ghost and his last solo album bubblegum and i enjoy them both.

Mark has a great voice.

i wish those rumors of him and mike gettign together to do another mad season album would come through. That would rock!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i saw mark lanegan october 2004 at the gaelic club in sydney. and i swear the man did not move during the entire set. not that it affected the music or my appreciation of his voice but i'd never seen anything quite so still on stage. god it was so sweet to be there.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    massive ML fan. i got to talk with him for about an hour before one of his shows in SD (casbah, sep 2004). most humble, down to earth guy. definitley a guy that puts music before anything...well, heroine and cigarettes sometimes before the music, but other than that, ya know...

whiskey for the holy ghost
    field songs
    bubblegum

amazing albums.
  • Options
    screaming trees are great. his solo stuff is fantastic. and he has the softest cheeks ever....

;)
    http://www.myspace.com/cellophanehand
    free your mind... and your ass will follow...
  • Options
    NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KS Posts: 570
    Quite honestly, I haven't checked out his solo stuff yet. I will soon, though. I love Screaming Trees, so I'm not sure why I never gave it a try.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • Options
    Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    Love Mark Lanegan. I can't say enough about his solo stuff. Amazing.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    i saw mark lanegan october 2004 at the gaelic club in sydney. and i swear the man did not move during the entire set. not that it affected the music or my appreciation of his voice but i'd never seen anything quite so still on stage. god it was so sweet to be there.

I saw him in the bathroom at a Queens show smoking 2 cigs at once. Is that necessary? :D
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    I saw him in the bathroom at a Queens show smoking 2 cigs at once. Is that necessary? :D

For a guy who washes down razorblades with gasoline, yeah it's necessary.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Options
    Dick Jones wrote:
    For a guy who washes down razorblades with gasoline, yeah it's necessary.

:D funny shit
    PJ Shows:

9/05/2000 Pittsburgh
    4/26/2003 Pittsburgh
    6/23/2006 Pittsburgh

Pearl Jam - Last Exit
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

you've heard his voice. of course two cigs at once is neceassry :D.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Screaming Trees stuff obviously great but so is solo stuff!! Bubblegum is a really good album!!
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    mark lanegan is a great singer, and his solo stuff is as easily as good as the trees
  • Options
    mark lanegan fan over here! LOVE his solo stuff. i wish he was still with qotsa too.
    saw him live and i agree with catefrances, he didn't move the entire time! it is kinda strage, but doesn't take anything away from the show or his music. love that voice..
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Not a fan yet. But I'm listening to Whiskey fot the Holy Ghost and Bubblegum the last 2 weeks. And it's a great musician, great voice and great music. Are there any other great albums of Mark Lanegan???
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Klumpie wrote:
    Not a fan yet. But I'm listening to Whiskey fot the Holy Ghost and Bubblegum the last 2 weeks. And it's a great musician, great voice and great music. Are there any other great albums of Mark Lanegan???

The Winding Sheet is a classic.
    All of them are brilliant, really liking Ballard of the Broken Seas with Isobelle Campbell.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    The Winding Sheet is a classic.
    All of them are brilliant, really liking Ballard of the Broken Seas with Isobelle Campbell.:)

Thank you,

The Winding Sheet and Ballard of the Broken Seas...I will see if I can find these classics :)
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Yes I really like Mark Lanegan. His chilled out style is so far removed from the music I usually like, metal and heavy rock so it makes a nice change to put on one of his cd's.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    Yeah, I loved him with Queens. I wish he would return to the band as well.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Thank you,

The Winding Sheet and Ballard of the Broken Seas...I will see if I can find these classics :)

The Winding Sheet was his debut solo album featuring Kurt Cobain and Krist Novoselic on Down In The Dark and the cover of Where Did You Sleep Last Night, this album is just amazing from start to finish.

Ballard Of The Broken Seas is very country and western and very chilled like all his albums.:)
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    The Winding Sheet was his debut solo album featuring Kurt Cobain and Krist Novoselic on Down In The Dark and the cover of Where Did You Sleep Last Night, this album is just amazing from start to finish.

Ballard Of The Broken Seas is very country and western and very chilled like all his albums.:)

I was worried when I got Ballad of the Broken Seas becasue I wasn't sure if having Isobel Campbell on there would dilute the album too much but it might be the best album I've heard this year. I really like the Trees but his solo stuff is just amazing.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    I was worried when I got Ballad of the Broken Seas becasue I wasn't sure if having Isobel Campbell on there would dilute the album too much but it might be the best album I've heard this year. I really like the Trees but his solo stuff is just amazing.

Really lovin Rambling Man and The Circus Is Leaving Town, they're the stand out tracks for me but it really is a solid album not a bad song on it.:)
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Really lovin Rambling Man and The Circus Is Leaving Town, they're the stand out tracks for me but it really is a solid album not a bad song on it.:)

both great tracks I really like (Do you wanna) Come walk with me myself.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb