Options

Just saw Neil Young's "Heart of Gold"....

gnr+pj=2bestevergnr+pj=2bestever Posts: 358
edited June 2006 in Other Music
and it was the most BORING, disappointing movie I have ever seen. I had no idea what it was going to be about (neil, obviously, but aside from that). I was hoping for a little history on Neil and some rare or lesser known things about him. Instead it was 1.5 hrs of him performing Prarie Wind and a few classics!! WTF?! After each song I was hoping it would go into interviews or something...never happened.

I wish they would have put it out as a performance DVD, like PJ with the Garden. Instead it was put out in theatres and promoted like a movie. Love ya Neil...but what bullshit!!
Whats got the whole world faking?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    it was a concert.... not a SVT..

(living with war was much better than prarie wind also ;) )
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    I know it was a concert. whats an SVT?
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Options
    pearlzepfanpearlzepfan Posts: 456
    I know it was a concert. whats an SVT?

Single Video Theory
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • Options
    ArabesqueArabesque Posts: 34
    I saw the movie and I thoroughly enjoyed it. True, it was just a concert, but what a concert it was! And seeing it on the big screen made me feel like I was in the front row...it was quite an awesome experience.
    "This is another sing-a-long." - Eddie Vedder before singing Lukin live at Madison Square Garden.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I thought the movie was fantastic. I didn't want interviews or any of that. It made you feel like you were at the show.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 442
    pretty sure the dvd release is going to be a double disc, w/ the second disc containing some of the behind the scenes pieces you're wanting to see.

it comes out on dvd next week, by the way (june 12)
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Sounds like your expectations were in the wrong place. I don't think it was marketed as a movie. I'm pretty sure it was marketed as a concert.

I enjoyed it a lot. The highlight for me though was the performance of old laughing lady at the end which i thought was damn good.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    a friend and I saw it.....she enjoyed it more than I did as it was just a bit too country tinged for my taste.............BUT I love Neil and overall it was an interesting 1.5 hours......