Options

Your honest opinion on this GNR song

gnr+pj=2bestevergnr+pj=2bestever Posts: 358
edited May 2006 in Other Music
I want you guys to listen to this leaked version of a new GNR song. It's on YouTube and the video sucks, so just listen and don't watch. I want to know what other ppl besides hardcore GNR fans think of the song.

Give me your thoughts, good or bad. Oh, and listen to the whole song!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J3jakEt-4PA&search=guns%20n%20roses%20better
Whats got the whole world faking?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    I'm not impressed at all. Axl sounds like his voice is in pretty good form but the music just ain't doing it for me.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    well I know many other fans here who absolutely love Better since they first heard it in February.
    It's me fave among the leaks so far.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I wouldn't really consider myself a G'N'R fan, but I'm pretty impressed with this song, love the main riff in it, almost reminds me of an alice in chains song or something....
  • Options
    dr jamdr jam Posts: 69
    I am actually really enjoying by that song. Good stuff.
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    I sold all my GNR cd's about 8 years ago. This clip adds to my regret.
    I'm surprised of how good this sounds. Axl's voice is actually a bit impressing, which is weird after all these years. The song also reminds me of Alice in chains. Nothing like the old GNR though. It's much more agresive and heavy.
    Never thought I would buy another GNR album in my life, but looks like >I might......
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    Well I like it
    nice intro
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,563
    Thought it actually sounded good... though GNR was a joke theese days, even soundwise...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    My favorite tune is There Was A Time. I think if given the chance the new tunes can stand next to the old in harmony. The new stuff is pretty solid.
  • Options
    sevensinssevensins Posts: 887
    by god, its actialy good. not at all what i was expecting. It has a nice hint of new wave to it with the synth-like guitar sound and the elctro-drum beat at the begining. And anyone else hear a bit of tool in the song stucture/ rythem section?
    i'd like to hear to rest of the leaks.
  • Options
    oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    Good stuff. I dig that song! Any ideas about when the new album will finally be released??
  • Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    I've been rocking out to this tune for the " Better " part of 3 months now ,and I gotta tell you guys, this video does not do it any justice

Download this song from the internet or somewhere, put it on a CD, and fucking crank that shit in your car or something

The tune absolutely kicks ass
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    Better is a fuckin' awesome song. Its already one of my all time favourite gnr songs.
  • Options
    My god! as you can tell (by my username) I absolutely love GNR. But I NEVER expected this many positive views of this song, especially from non-die hard GNR fans. I guess it's just because i'm so used to hearing ppl bash Axl.

w/e tho, glad to hear you guys like it!
  • Options
    oktacoma wrote:
    Good stuff. I dig that song! Any ideas about when the new album will finally be released??

As quoted from Axl himself a few weeks ago: "In the fall...late fall. Absolutely."
  • Options
    My god! as you can tell (by my username) I absolutely love GNR. But I NEVER expected this many positive views of this song, especially from non-die hard GNR fans. I guess it's just because i'm so used to hearing ppl bash Axl.

w/e tho, glad to hear you guys like it!
    trust me...I ignore most gn'r threads cos of the people here...I myself am pleased to see such a positive response..im glad some of you are open enough to give an honest opinion even though you aren't fans.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    Well, I'm a die-hard but the people I've played Better/IRS/TWAT for all dig the
    tunes, for the most part
    I'll keep taking punches
  • Options
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    Well, I'm a die-hard but the people I've played Better/IRS/TWAT for all dig the
    tunes, for the most part
    what aboot Catcher in the Rye?
    that song has been getting mixed reviews from the die hards and neutrals.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:

I would say, if we had a final version of CITR, it would be my 2nd fave of the new tunes....maybe even 1st. That last verse is awesome!
  • Options
    I am a fan not a huge one, but I saw them in 92 at wembley stadium when Bryan May came on and did Tie your mother Down.

I am really surprised, Axl sounds in fine voice and the tune really rocks, I'm now looking forward to hearing more, I did have a sense of dread about this but things are looking a lot more positive now, hope the rest sounds this good.
  • Options
    Tommy311Tommy311 NYC Posts: 28
    does anyone have a link where I can download just the audio of "better"?
    1998: East Rutherford, MSG I, MSG II
    2000: Jones Beach I, Jones Beach II, Jones Beach III, Saratoga, Camden I, Camden II
    2003: Uniondale, MSG I, MSG II, Holmdel
    2006: Albany, Hartford, E. Rutherford I. E. Rutherford II
    2008: Camden II, MSG I, MSG II, Hartford, Mansfield II
    2009: Philadephia I, Philadelphia IV
    2010: Hartford, Boston, Newark, MSG I, MSG II
    2012: Philadelphia
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Hartford, Seattle
    2014: Detroit
    2015: Central Park
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Philadelphia II, MSG I, MSG II, Boston I
    2017: RRHOF
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    TWAT, Better, IRS, Catcher In The Rye, Chinese Democracy, The Blues and Madagascar all sound very good to me. And this are just demos, I think the final result will be great.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I've always been critical of Axl and the delay of the lastest record, but all the new stuff I've heard, I like.

Guns N Roses is a brand name. The spirit of the original band died long ago.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    not bad at all, we'll see if the record actually comes out after like 8 years
    Columbus 03/Cleveland 06 BABY!
  • Options
    I've always been critical of Axl and the delay of the lastest record, but all the new stuff I've heard, I like.

Guns N Roses is a brand name. The spirit of the original band died long ago.

PBM

agreed tenfold
    Columbus 03/Cleveland 06 BABY!
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:

AxlUlrich: CITR is my least favorite of the leaks. I've tried real hard with this one, but I always seem to lose interest in it at some point during the song.
    I like the end though
    I'll keep taking punches