Surf little waves big... Charge big waves hard

- Antwerp '06, Nijmegen '07, Werchter '07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Lift Yr Skinny Fists.... is such a damn good album
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    f#a#infinity was a little disappointing. Lift Yr Fists and Slow Riot have yet to make the rotation.
  • viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    Echoes wrote:
    Lift Yr Skinny Fists.... is such a damn good album
    Sleep is just incredible, it sounds almost apocalyptic.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    I like the black anti american album. Great band to space out on.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    lift yr skinny fists is one of the greatest pieces of recorded music ever.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    i don't think i could honestly say one bad word about this band. they're amazing live too...
  • Godspeed rocks the socks yo.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • EnigmaEnigma Posts: 59
    Godspeed is awesome that is for sure. Be sure to check out their latest release, Yanqui U.X.O. I highly regret not attending the Silver Mt. Zion concert last night...this band includes a lot of the members from Godspeed.
  • JamalJamal Posts: 2,115
    Though f#a# was a little disappointing, I really liked the monologue in the beginning of 'the dead flag blues'
    Surf little waves big... Charge big waves hard

- Antwerp '06, Nijmegen '07, Werchter '07
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    F#A# (Infinity) is one of the best albums I ever heard. It's better than the other albums of GY!BE. :)
    Klumpie wrote:
    F#A# (Infinity) is one of the best albums I ever heard. It's better than the other albums of GY!BE. :)

I believe that is the anti american one right. Black is it not?
    Godspeed rocks the socks yo.

I don't think so. The trip you right out of your socks yes, rock no. That is my only problem with them that it is too mellow. No matter I have moods that fit with that. I like Explosions in the sky and Mogwai better than I do Godspeed even though they are very cool as well.
    I believe that is the anti american one right. Black is it not?

This one ;)

http://www.musicmeter.nl/album/3048
    I don't think so. The trip you right out of your socks yes, rock no. That is my only problem with them that it is too mellow. No matter I have moods that fit with that. I like Explosions in the sky and Mogwai better than I do Godspeed even though they are very cool as well.

F# A# (Infinity) is still better than Explosions in the sky and Mogwai
    Klumpie wrote:

No that is not the one.
    after just getting thru Skinny Fists, I feel the same way as you do. I would tend to listen to Mogwai before reaching for this and perhaps Pelican before that. I tend to have the need to rock out a tad more. Of course this is a minor gripe, GYBE is pretty fucking good.
    transplant wrote:
    after just getting thru Skinny Fists, I feel the same way as you do. I would tend to listen to Mogwai before reaching for this and perhaps Pelican before that. I tend to have the need to rock out a tad more. Of course this is a minor gripe, GYBE is pretty fucking good.

Yes they are. Pelican, I was told is more metal like, I still didn't check them out myself.
    Yes they are. Pelican, I was told is more metal like, I still didn't check them out myself.
    It is more metal like however they aren't a huge stretch from Explosions and Mogwai at their most pissed off.
    transplant wrote:
    It is more metal like however they aren't a huge stretch from Explosions and Mogwai at their most pissed off.

I asked for it a few times but they didn't have it in the store.
  • I saw GY!BE open for Low before I had ever heard any of the records. Definitely a great live band. I think all that was out at the time was F#A#(infinity). I missed the boat on buying one of the first pressing copies of the vinyl, but eventually picked it up from Constellation.

I think my favorite release is Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
    I saw GY!BE open for Low before I had ever heard any of the records. Definitely a great live band. I think all that was out at the time was F#A#(infinity). I missed the boat on buying one of the first pressing copies of the vinyl, but eventually picked it up from Constellation.

I think my favorite release is Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada.

Cool Low and Godspeed in one go, super night for you.

I haven't seen either one. Low got cancelled last year on the Pukkelpop festival in Belgium And Godspeed well I just never had the chance. I could have gone to see Silvermount zion, but I lacked the cash flow back then to go to Amsterdam.
  • artjamartjam Posts: 227
    Heard alot about em, so "just to see what all the fuss is about", im gonna download now! (dont tell anyone!!:p)
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 2,924
    ..Skinny Fists.. is amazing.

I love the guitar work at approx 4:30 on the 2nd track on the 2nd disc.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • StoneG82 wrote:
    lift yr skinny fists is one of the greatest pieces of recorded music ever.

agreed.
  • I believe that is the anti american one right. Black is it not?

This is the anti American one, though they hate their own country too:

http://www.cstrecords.com/cst006.html

By the way, Silver Mt Zion is not nearly as good as Godspeed IMO, largely due to the fact that Efrim can't sing.