Drive By Truckers
    !!!
    Amiee Mann
    Jose Gonzalez
    Minus the Bear
    Battles
    The Sword
    Vampire Weekend

-If you like metal the sword and mastodon (and of course metallica) are must sees.
    -Minus the Bear is a great little indie rock band from seattle not enough people know about.
    -My Morning Jacker are really good live.

Now with all that said make sure you see Sigur Ros. They don't play the US too often and when i saw them a few years ago it was awesome. There music is very different from standard rock. It is intrumental well their are lyrics i guess but i think the singer makes up his own language to use or some crazy shit like that. by far one of the best shows i've seen. It was in a symphony hall..... i don't know how they will translate to a festival but i can't imagine anything they do being bad.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • I would not miss the following:

Sigur Ros
    M.I.A.
    Tegan and Sara
  • Talib Kweli
    NERDS!
  • whygowhygo Posts: 55
    Led Zeppelin
    Allman Bros
    Phil & Friends
    Willie
    BB King
    Levon Helm
    Derek Trucks
    Avett Bros
  • I'm almost in agony that I won't be seeing Sigur Ros there.

(and my left leg keeps spazming.)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • intodeep wrote:
    My Morning Jacker are really good live.

:D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    :D
    DOH! the damn t and r sit next to each other on the keyboard. not a freudian slip i promise!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I'd strongly recommend that you see the Drive-By Truckers, Sigur Ros, My Morning Jacket, Willie Nelson, BB King, and the Allman Brothers Band. I've seen them all in concert & they do great shows.
    I saw Metallica at last year's Bridge and they were very good. I haven't seen them electric since 2000 so don't know how they will be at Bonnaroo.
    Of artists I haven't seen but think would be worth seeing, I'd say Mastodon, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Solomon Burke, and The Sword top the list.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    aside from Pearl Jam, these are the bands i WANT to see:

My Morning Jacket
    Death Cab...
    Broken Social Scene
    Ghostland Observatory
    Minus The Bear
    Donavan Frankenreiter

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Pearl Jam
    Metallica
    Mastodon
    Kanye West
    Lupe Fiasco
    Talib Kweli
    The Sword
    Sigur Ros
    My Morning Jacket
    Drive-By Truckers
    Allman Brothers
  • Don't you dare miss Gogol Bordello! They are the craziest thing you will ever see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nljNEh1aVqI
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • gleemonex wrote:
    Don't you dare miss Gogol Bordello! They are the craziest thing you will ever see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nljNEh1aVqI

Awesome band :D

• I'm in California and really thinking of going to Bonnaroo this year. I'm trying to get my friend to go, but he's complaining about it being a "dust bowl" and "100+ degrees in humidity". OK, so the humidity thing concerns me, but has anyone gone to past Bonnaroos? If so, what's the weather like that time of year in Tenn?? And is it really a "dust bowl"? Seems to me it would be green (ie, not dead grass like we get in California that time of year).
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Pearl Jam, The Raconteurs, and Metallica (as long as they didnt play anything new) are the only ones I would really wanna see out of those
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Anyone who has not seen Willie Nelson live is in for a treat -- even if you're not a fan! I saw Willie at the Bridge School Benefit back in 2003 and he was amazing. And I wasn't a fan, but now I am. See a living legend while you can!
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Back Door Slam... Davey Knowles is possibly the best guitar player out there right now, and he's 20 years old.

It's unfair how good he is.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Levon Helm
    Broken Social Scene
    Ben Folds
    Cock Fight.
  • if you like rap DO NOT miss Lupe Fiasco
  • pjambamapjambama Posts: 126
    whygo wrote:
    Led Zeppelin
    Allman Bros
    Phil & Friends
    Willie
    BB King
    Levon Helm
    Derek Trucks
    Avett Bros

i thought it was led zeppelin at first 2 but lez zeppelin is playing. an all female zeppelin tribute band supposedly. robert plant is playing at bonnaroo