GNR rocked the house

DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Went to Hammerstein last night - Excellent show

The band was strong and Axl Rose was running around like it was 15 years ago - really kept the crowd going

The songs were very loud for that type of venue, but it really was a tremendous show
I'll keep taking punches
Untill their will grows tired
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• danedane Posts: 1,062
    I'm so psyced 'bout that. I'm seeing them at Roskilde Festival this summer. At first I just thought it would be kinda fun to see my childhood heroes (or at least one of them). But now I'm really starting to look forward to it. Did they play all the good old classics?
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • they were freakin amazing when i went friday night

axl was all over the place like it was 92 again, awesome kick ass rock show, aXl rules, screw the naysayers
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • ya i was also there on the 15th and it was sooooo amazing and intense. I was on the floor and the crowd during Jungle was crazy. By far the most amazing thing i have ever witnessed.

Im also seeing PJ on the 25th...but i'm worried i will be disappointed because i dont think there is any way in hell any band can top gnr's performance last night...sorry PJ
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    good news is there will be a dvd out in maybe early 2007 with a compilation of these NY shows which explains why there was a camera crew and Axl wore the same shirt for 3 shows lol.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    good news is there will be a dvd out in maybe early 2007 with a compilation of these NY shows which explains why there was a camera crew and Axl wore the same shirt for 3 shows lol.

I was right next to one of the interviews of the crowd (of he line, befroe the show)...ur a fan of Lars?
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Did you guys see that Axl and the guys did an acoustic set Thurday night? PLayed Used to love her and You're Crazy for the first time with the new band.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    If GNR come around here, I will be first in line to see them.
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    did he say anything about the release of the album?
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    WOW. Sounds like the new GN'R is rockin' like never before. I had my doubts about seeing them live, since it's only Axl and stuff...but if the show promises to be as good as you guys described, I'll definetly check it out if they play around my neck of the woods :) lol.

Does anybody have the setlists for the NY shows? and does anyone know whether they're touring the SOUTH? :D haha now I'll have to start petitioning for some Southern shows at the GN'R board, huh? ;)

lol :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    WOW. Sounds like the new GN'R is rockin' like never before. I had my doubts about seeing them live, since it's only Axl and stuff...but if the show promises to be as good as you guys described, I'll definetly check it out if they play around my neck of the woods :) lol.

Does anybody have the setlists for the NY shows? and does anyone know whether they're touring the SOUTH? :D haha now I'll have to start petitioning for some Southern shows at the GN'R board, huh? ;)

lol :D

Here was the setlist from the show i went to:

Set-List:
    1. Welcome to the Jungle (@ 11:06pm EST)
    2. It's So Easy
    3. Mr. Brownstone
    4. Live and Let Die
    5. Bumblefoot Solo
    6. Knocking on Heaven's Door
    7. Better
    8. Sweet Child O' Mine /Axl says "I gotta call from Izzy earlier today"...
    9. Dizzy piano Solo
    10. The Blues
    11. Out To Get Me
    12. Fortus + Finck Solo
    13. Axl Talks
    14. Rocket Queen/before the song he mentioned Izzy again, and said people recognized him in NYC a lot...
    15. My Michelle w/Bach
    16. Madagascar w/14 years mention [on further reading..it is Axl mentioning about not talking to Lars..possibly Lars Ulrich of Metallica..and how he had recently talked to him...I guess its not a mention of the song]
    17. You Could Be Mine/Finck crowd surfs during song...Axl asks Finck if he's alright he says "Thats what I live for man."
    18. November Rain
    19. I.R.S
    20. Nighttrain
    21. Patience [Encore]
    22. Chinese Democracy
    23. Band Intros
    24. Finck Solo
    25. Paradise City (@ 1:19am EST)

Also, they will be touring in Europe all summer, however Axl said in a recent interview that the band will probably tour the States in the fall or early next year.
  • KellerKeller Posts: 177
    I'm so pumped to see these guys. I just hope it last long enough for a US tour. The set list looks awesome. How is Axl's voice sounding?
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Here was the setlist from the show i went to:

Set-List:
    1. Welcome to the Jungle (@ 11:06pm EST)
    2. It's So Easy
    3. Mr. Brownstone
    4. Live and Let Die
    5. Bumblefoot Solo
    6. Knocking on Heaven's Door
    7. Better
    8. Sweet Child O' Mine /Axl says "I gotta call from Izzy earlier today"...
    9. Dizzy piano Solo
    10. The Blues
    11. Out To Get Me
    12. Fortus + Finck Solo
    13. Axl Talks
    14. Rocket Queen/before the song he mentioned Izzy again, and said people recognized him in NYC a lot...
    15. My Michelle w/Bach
    16. Madagascar w/14 years mention [on further reading..it is Axl mentioning about not talking to Lars..possibly Lars Ulrich of Metallica..and how he had recently talked to him...I guess its not a mention of the song]
    17. You Could Be Mine/Finck crowd surfs during song...Axl asks Finck if he's alright he says "Thats what I live for man."
    18. November Rain
    19. I.R.S
    20. Nighttrain
    21. Patience [Encore]
    22. Chinese Democracy
    23. Band Intros
    24. Finck Solo
    25. Paradise City (@ 1:19am EST)

Also, they will be touring in Europe all summer, however Axl said in a recent interview that the band will probably tour the States in the fall or early next year.

:eek: :eek: :eek: THAT SETLIST IS FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now I'm gonna be a Pearl Jam fan and complain, lol:

"Awwww...but they didn't play Don't Cry, Civil War, Estranged, or Dust N' Bones"

;) haha :D

Now I REALLY REEEEAAALLLY hope they play around here :) I'm struggling without my dose of live PJ, what am I gonna do if I don't get my fix of GN'R?? :D haha.

Fall/early '07 sounds good to me :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Keller wrote:
    I'm so pumped to see these guys. I just hope it last long enough for a US tour. The set list looks awesome. How is Axl's voice sounding?

obviosly his voice is not gonna sound exactly like '87 again, but if you heard him do the VMA's a couple yrs back...it's 1000% better now. Also, during the concert there were moments that reminded me of 1992 again. It was sweet. I wouldn't worry too much about his voice.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3y5uLM_t62E&search=guns%20n%20roses%20hammerstein