Moth

DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Those of you who clicked on this thread probably know what I'm talking about

One of the Coolest Rock songs I've heard in a very long time

If you don't have any idea what this song is and who sings it - Even if you don't like Audioslave - this is the final song on the most recent album - and it should be checked out

For those that know this song - Do you agree with my analysis?
I'll keep taking punches
Untill their will grows tired
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    Yes, one of the best Audioslave songs. I love it!
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    YES! :D I love this song to death! There was a time for awhile there when I was listening to this on repeat NON-STOP! Serioulsy! I still can't listen to it just once. Without a doubt one THE greatest songs from Audioslave and one of THE best and strongest from Revelations. What a way to end the album! Damn! It just attacks!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    For those that know this song - Do you agree with my analysis?

I TOTALLY AGREE. MOTH is just PERFECT. i will NEVER get sick of this song. IT'S SIMPLY AMAZING. i'm going to have to listen now.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • this and Wide Awake are hands down Audioslave's best songs
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • their first album could be considered the best. but i dunno, revelations is aweseome. moth is one of the best. jewel of the summertime is the best imo.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Yes, I clicked here because I knew what you were talking about....:)

And yes Moth is, by far, one of the best Audioslave songs, one of the better rock songs to date. So good because it does what a good song should: the lyrics give you, paint you a vivid and emotional picture; the vocals are immense; the music fits the moodiness...

The song is absolute gold. Good for Audioslave!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    I've got the 7-minute long non-LP version of it if anyone wants me to upload it. It's pretty sweet...longer solo, chorus, extra verse. Great stuff. Just PM me becuase I'll probably forget to check back here.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    revelations is an amazing album. wide awake is the best audioslave song yet. i would put moth 3rd after wide awake and cochise.
  • i love it! those last three tracks on revelations always hit me with how amazing they are. but moth is definitely a stand out :)
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    not one of me faves on the album but that's cos this new one is just that damn good.
    definitely the best album closer the band has done.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    dharma69 wrote:
    Yes, I clicked here because I knew what you were talking about....:)

And yes Moth is, by far, one of the best Audioslave songs, one of the better rock songs to date. So good because it does what a good song should: the lyrics give you, paint you a vivid and emotional picture; the vocals are immense; the music fits the moodiness...

The song is absolute gold. Good for Audioslave!

Well said. I really love the song because it actually has passion and emotion to it... raw anger, lust, and desperation... something that has been really lacking in most of Audioslave's stuff. The lyrics and delivery are very Soundgarden-like (props to Chris Cornell for penning lyrics that us angsty youths can relate to again!), and the music is classic Rage/Audioslave.

Great song. It's gotta be in the top 5 of the Audioslave library.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Props on this thread too... I always enjoy talking about specific songs.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Yea, I like it.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • my favorite on revelations :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • dana_bdana_b Posts: 141
    My absolute favorite track off of this album! I said that I thought that this should have been a single and I stand by that. I know that it doesn't go with the typical rock track flow, but that's a good thing, imo. The airwaves need something different.

I must go listen to this song now. goodbye!
  • Love It :D
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • I was a king, I was a moth
    With painted wings made of cloth
    :D:D:D

Personally I LOVE Nothing Left To Say But Goodbye, it's just the sweetest thing I've ever heard from Chris. And Until We Fall just makes me melt. All in all, my favourite out of the three albums by far.

Calling all Audiophiles! ;)
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2