Anyone see the Roger Waters Dark Side of the Moon Tour?

robis726robis726 Posts: 132
edited February 2007 in Other Music
I am thinking of going to see him in Monterrey, Mexico in March (its about a two hour drive from where I live in Texas). Has anyone seen him on his most recent tour? Please let me know how the show was. Thanks.
Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there...

Austin, Texas 09-16-1995
Columbia, Maryland 09-04-2000
San Antonio, Texas 04-05-2003
Santa Barbara, California 07-13-2006
Universal City, California 10-01-2009
Austin, Texas 10-04-2009
Dallas, Texas 11-15-2013
Mexico City, Mexico 11-28-2015
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 04-08-2016
Miami, Florida 04-09-2016
Chicago, Illinois I 08-20-2016
Chicago, Illinois II 08-22-2016
Seattle, Washington I 08-08-2018
Seattle, Washington II 08-10-2018
Boston, Massachusets I 09-02-2018
Austin, Texas 09-18-2023
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I saw him last year - great show...I recommend seeing him if you like Floyd
  • KellerKeller Posts: 177
    I saw him in philly this past summer. Amazing show! The visuals are awesome.
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
  • ZepZachZepZach Posts: 30
    It was one of the best nights of my life. Yelling the chorus of Us and Them with a couple thousand people is absolutely stunning. The crowd kind of sucked at my show, but I think that is because a lot of them are in Roger's generation. Overall, a great show.
  • saw him twice in '06...definitely worth it!
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Amazing show. almost 3 hours of musical fantasy.
  • yea i agree with all of the previous posts. definetely dont miss him especially if you like floyd, it was an amazing experience
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    Is Doyle Bramhall II still playing guitar for him? If not, anyone know who is?
  • OMG, great show, saw him back in October sooo worth it!!!
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    hendrix78 wrote:

No, he isn't.

Touring band in 06 was

Roger Waters – Vocals, bass guitar and acoustic guitar
    Andy Fairweather-Low – Guitar, bass and backing vocals
    Snowy White – Guitar
    Dave Kilminster – Guitar, vocals and additional bass
    Jon Carin – Synthesizer, guitar, lap steel guitar and vocals
    Harry Waters – Hammond organ and synthesizer
    Ian Ritchie – Saxophone, EWI and additional bass
    Graham Broad – Drums and percussion
    Katie Kissoon, P. P. Arnold, Carol Kenyon – Backing vocals
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    Cool, thanks.
  • seen it, not impressed.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    I thought it was a fantastic show. Really enjoyed it. The only complaint I had was that Snowy White seemed to think we were there to see him. I was there to hear him play Gilmour's guitar parts. I don't care what else he can play, but don't fuck with Pink Floyd songs.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • hendrix78 wrote:

doyle bramhall II is touring with eric clapton right now.

as for roger waters, i saw him at MSG back in september. it was a great show. nick mason played drums for the second half of it.

i highly recommend this tour for anyone who is considering it.
  • I saw him last night, it was absolutely awesome visual and audio experience. Didn't have great expectations before the show but I was totally blown away. Don't miss it!
  • I´m going to see him on March 17th in Buenos Aires...I cant´t wait!!! I hope it will be an amazing show, I guess he is putting lot of visual efects on stage like when he was in Pink Floyd
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
  • toastertoaster Posts: 152
    Oceans11 wrote:
    I saw him last night, it was absolutely awesome visual and audio experience. Didn't have great expectations before the show but I was totally blown away. Don't miss it!

Pretty much sums up what I had to say. That concert is a top one for me, even though I'm not that big a fan of Pink Floyd, that concert is easily right up there just a couple of steps away from Pearl Jam.
  • There´s one show added in Buenos Aires, on March 18th...

check out rollingstonela.com
  • toaster wrote:
    That concert is a top one for me, even though I'm not that big a fan of Pink Floyd, that concert is easily right up there just a couple of steps away from Pearl Jam.
    Totally agree.
  • I saw him this summer. In all honesty, I love Pink Floyd. Probably my 3rd favorite band, behind PJ and Zeppelin. I saw Floyd in 94 on the Division Bell tour. I went into this show with Roger with extremely low expectations, mainly because it was someone else playing Gilmour's solo, singing Dave's parts, etc and I wondered if Roger's voice was still good.

If Pink Floyd were playing in my town the same night as Roger Waters, it would take me hours to choose which show to go to, but I honestly think I would see Roger instead. He seemed to stay truer to the original songs and the setlist was fantastic... Now, if Floyd had played stuff from Animals and more from Meddle instead of the Division Bell, I may feel differently, but if you are a Floyd fan, you MUST go see Roger when he comes on tour. It's as imperative as seeing the other 3 guys as Floyd.

Can't these guys put aside their differences and reunite again? I would pay $1000 to sit at the top of the lawn for that show. And I'd follow them around and keep paying a grand for the worst seat in the house. They are simply icons...
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • Saw Roger Waters at MSG in Sept., just before going to Greece on vacation to see Pearl Jam! You should not miss this show!!! Wish I would have gone to both shows! To hear this great album(showing my age) from start to finish was as good as it gets. Been to over 300 concerts & counting, that show is in the top 3. Don't know how old you are but I was 13 when that album came out & I have listened to Dark Side more than every other album since then. The only reason to miss this show would be an upcoming urine sample for work, there is no way around the HIGH you'll experience at the show even if you don't participate( the smoke was banked down to the floor!) SO DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW! ENJOY!
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • I saw him this summer. In all honesty, I love Pink Floyd. Probably my 3rd favorite band, behind PJ and Zeppelin. I saw Floyd in 94 on the Division Bell tour. I went into this show with Roger with extremely low expectations, mainly because it was someone else playing Gilmour's solo, singing Dave's parts, etc and I wondered if Roger's voice was still good.

If Pink Floyd were playing in my town the same night as Roger Waters, it would take me hours to choose which show to go to, but I honestly think I would see Roger instead. He seemed to stay truer to the original songs and the setlist was fantastic... Now, if Floyd had played stuff from Animals and more from Meddle instead of the Division Bell, I may feel differently, but if you are a Floyd fan, you MUST go see Roger when he comes on tour. It's as imperative as seeing the other 3 guys as Floyd.

Can't these guys put aside their differences and reunite again? I would pay $1000 to sit at the top of the lawn for that show. And I'd follow them around and keep paying a grand for the worst seat in the house. They are simply icons...

Great post man, I think I would have the same difficulties to choose. In the other hand, I hope the same as you do...that they could leave behind the differences and make a tour, but it sounds really difficult as things are right now.
  • just saw this the other night in adelaide and was blown away. i wont give anything away but the show was amazing! awesome choices of songs and the visuals were mind blowing, as you would expect from roger waters....
    and his voice is still as good as it ever was (which is what i was most worried about)

if you have the chance to see him you have to go, its worth every cent.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."