Jim Morrison - aged 21 - movie clip

ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Check out young Jim bob...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMnFo-eN4Kc

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4339935.stm

Friday, 11 March, 2005, 16:17 GMT

Lost Doors frontman movie found

Historians in Florida have discovered a 40-year-old clip of a clean-cut Jim Morrison appearing in a promotional film for his university.

The 1964 film shows the Doors frontman, who died aged 27 in 1971, playing the part of a young man who had been rejected by Florida State University.

Morrison is seen quizzing a college administrator on why he was refused.

"But what happened? How come my parents and the state and the university didn't look ahead?" he is seen asking.

"It's incredible. He's so clean cut and soft-spoken," said Florida state archivist Jody Norman.

"We know he was at Florida State University for a period of time and he did some acting when he was there," Norman added.

The Doors were one of the most influential bands of the 1960s, with hits including Light My Fire and Riders On The Storm.

Morrison was notorious for his wild lifestyle - and was accused of exposing himself and simulating a sex act at a Miami concert in 1969.

He was found dead in the bath of his Paris apartment and died from heart problems, aggravated by alcohol.

A coroner recorded a verdict of death by natural causes and his grave at the city's Pere Lachaise ceremony has become a shrine for fans.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Friday, 11 March, 2005, 16:17 GMT

i watched this 2 years ago... ;)

what next.. you getting your trowel out to look for Tutankhamun :D

what time is it over there dude?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    dunkman wrote:
    i watched this 2 years ago... ;)

what next.. you getting your trowel out to look for Tutankhamun :D

what time is it over there dude?

Is it that old? Shiit! The BBC published the story today like it's a new find. Oh well!

What time is it? Is that some kind of rappers lingo ala Flavour Flav? ;)

It's now 19:07pm precisely.

Edit: Just realised my mistake. There's a story on the BBC today about Jim Bob being pardoned for simulating getingb his nob out on stage in Florida. The lost movie clip is a related story.
    Ergo, I need sleep! :rolleyes:
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Is it that old? Shiit! The BBC published the story today like it's a new find. Oh well!

What time is it? Is that some kind of rappers lingo ala Flavour Flav? ;)

It's now 19:07pm precisely.

Edit: Just realised my mistake. There's a story on the BBC today about Jim Bob being pardoned for simulating getingb his nob out on stage in Florida. The lost movie clip is a related story.
    Ergo, I need sleep! :rolleyes:

I'm sure Jim will be happy about the pardon.:rolleyes:
    Can not be arsed with life no more.