Show Some Love for Army Of Anyone

dotheevolution1dotheevolution1 Posts: 104
edited December 2006 in Other Music
These guys have to be my favourite "supergroup" yet.
I love the new album, and although I love Scott Weilland, the Filter guy does quite well for himself here.
anyone else down?
puts his faith in love and, tremor christ.

"I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I like the album a lot. Richard leaves much to be desired in my opinion, but the music is awesome. The Deleos kick ass!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Good band yes, good cd. Best supergroup yet no chance. Richards vocals are avg at best, his songwriting isnt that great either. He's not even in the same league as Weilaind but not many are. Audioslave, Velvet Revovler, Mad Season are all, way way above Army of Anyone's level.
  • tnt358tnt358 Posts: 72
    Good band yes, good cd. Best supergroup yet no chance. Richards vocals are avg at best, his songwriting isnt that great either. He's not even in the same league as Weilaind but not many are. Audioslave, Velvet Revovler, Mad Season are all, way way above Army of Anyone's level.

i second that
  • dont even know if the new album's been released in Australia yet, ive havent checked recently though.
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    i caught their show at HOB in Orlando b/c it was cheap, i knew it wouldn't be close to being sold out, and i will always see dean deleo (one of rock's best bassists) any chance i get.

anyway, the only thing that salvaged the show was that they threw in 3 STP and 3 Filter covers. After the first four (which included Father Figure, the best of their songs that night) they did an STP followed by a Filter song. This went on the entire night. A few songs off the album and then the covers (always STP then Filter). Vaseline was a little slow and sluggish (kinda like the Melvins covering it, but not that sluggish), Big Bang Baby was fantastic. dean's bass was just rolling like a mack truck throughout. Piece of Pie was a surprise and i had never heard STP play it, so it was awesome to me. Richard was actually pretty good on that one. the filter songs were predictable. first was Take a Picture, then AOK, then surprise, surprise Hey Man Nice Shot. They ended the show w/ 2 songs. Dissapear(er?) and I think the single (haven't heard it yet). I didn't really care for the songs. just seemed like they could've done better. not sure if it was richard's influence or not that made the mediocore songs. i just expect more out of the deleo's. however, it was great to see the deleo's, but i was heavily reminded that it is hard to be in a highly successful band and then try to be a supergroup. it really shouldn't be done. the only supergroup to really pull it off was the Traveling Willbury's.
    Live Free or Die!
  • as immortality says not sure if the albums is out in OZ yet....probably will pick it up if i see it.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i like their record a lot.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    man, richard patrick doesn't get much love around here, filter was / is one of my favorite bands and i couldnt wait for him to release more stuff.

Army rocked Philly where i saw em thier play their first show, def one of the better concerts ive seen.

Their album is pretty good and better than most, leaves a little to be desired, but they are still new as a group, once they fully mesh together theyre gonna be awesome!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    3sheets wrote:
    i caught their show at HOB in Orlando b/c it was cheap, i knew it wouldn't be close to being sold out, and i will always see dean deleo (one of rock's best bassists) any chance i get.

anyway, the only thing that salvaged the show was that they threw in 3 STP and 3 Filter covers. After the first four (which included Father Figure, the best of their songs that night) they did an STP followed by a Filter song. This went on the entire night. A few songs off the album and then the covers (always STP then Filter). Vaseline was a little slow and sluggish (kinda like the Melvins covering it, but not that sluggish), Big Bang Baby was fantastic. dean's bass was just rolling like a mack truck throughout. Piece of Pie was a surprise and i had never heard STP play it, so it was awesome to me. Richard was actually pretty good on that one. the filter songs were predictable. first was Take a Picture, then AOK, then surprise, surprise Hey Man Nice Shot. They ended the show w/ 2 songs. Dissapear(er?) and I think the single (haven't heard it yet). I didn't really care for the songs. just seemed like they could've done better. not sure if it was richard's influence or not that made the mediocore songs. i just expect more out of the deleo's. however, it was great to see the deleo's, but i was heavily reminded that it is hard to be in a highly successful band and then try to be a supergroup. it really shouldn't be done. the only supergroup to really pull it off was the Traveling Willbury's.

Dean plays guitar, Robert plays bass.
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    their album it´s really good, it has an 90% sound of STP thanks to de leo bros ´´yeahh´´ , but i really expected a better vocal perfomance by ex filter richard patrick...where goes his voice... ´´mr. Cornell give him some vocal advice´´

and talkin´ about their concerts, i consider they´ve to play only all their new stuff, then on their posible second album play songs of their older bands, just like audioslave did, make us sing and love all his new stuff first...

i didn´t know how old was patrick... i thought he were more younger...