**Superunknown appreciation thread**

dotheevolution1dotheevolution1 Posts: 104
edited March 2007 in Other Music
I just today went out and bought it.

Man I just cannot get enough of this album, its just so, good.
Always loved pearl jam, but i just discovered soundgarden now, (Born 89, missed the grunge movement), And holy shit,
So Good
Chris Cornell jus thas such a crazy vocal range, hes wonderful.

Limo Wreck and Mailman gotta be the best ones on the album.
puts his faith in love and, tremor christ.

"I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gotta Check out Badmotorfinger and Down On The Upside also... but Superunknown is Soundgarden at their peak!
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    Best album of the 90's
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Best album of the 90's

I'm not gonna go that far but definatly top 5 for sure!
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • Brian V.Brian V. Posts: 51
    Simply an awesome album, no doubt.

I'm glad somebody else loves Limowreck as much as I do. Black Hole Sun, while being the hit, is deservedly so.

Head down is another classic.
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Like Suicide acoustic - mmmm
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    like suicide full stop. that song is sooooo awsome. but yeah, check out badmotorfinger. that is killer
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    FRESH fuckin TENDRILS!:eek:
    GOD THAT SONG! That's the first thing that comes to mind whenever I think of Superunknown.
    One of the greatest songs to ever rock my life. That Cameron funk. Mmm mmm mmm!

Agreed that this is one of the best albums of the 90's...and in general.
    Start to finish, it's pure dark chunky genius. To this day it amazes with every listen.
    s_rockvam wrote:
    Gotta Check out Badmotorfinger and Down On The Upside also

YES YES! Most definitely agree with this too. :D
    Even though I love everything from the mighty SG, those 2 are without a doubt my most listened to and adored.
    Badmotorfinger = the epitome of classic.
    You really can't go wrong with this band. They are and always will be untouchable!

dotheevolution1..congrats on finally discovering one of the greatest bands on earth.
    ~ALIVE IN THE SUPERUNKNOWN~
    Woo! Doesn't matter how long it took, only matters that you're here. :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Neruda25Neruda25 Posts: 266
    Mailman
    Kickstand
    4 of July

Temazos!!!!!!!
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Love it for sure! But like someone already said....check out Badmotorfinger....it's my favorite Soundgarden album.
    Neruda25 wrote:
    4 of July
    Oh hell yes!
    Another one that completely floors me. :o

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Brian V. wrote:
    Simply an awesome album, no doubt.

I'm glad somebody else loves Limowreck as much as I do. Black Hole Sun, while being the hit, is deservedly so.

Head down is another classic.

agree about black hole sun. good song, but its definately overplayed. every other song on that album has been my fav at one time. infact, "black hole sun" is my least fav soundgarden song from ULTRAMEGA OK to DOWN ON THE UPSIDE. yes, even the "CIRRRRRRRRRLE OFFFFFFF POWWWWERRRRRRR"
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I just today went out and bought it.

Man I just cannot get enough of this album, its just so, good.
    Always loved pearl jam, but i just discovered soundgarden now, (Born 89, missed the grunge movement), And holy shit,
    So Good
    Chris Cornell jus thas such a crazy vocal range, hes wonderful.

Limo Wreck and Mailman gotta be the best ones on the album.

You think you like it now, wait until you've listened to it for a few weeks. It's going to get even better.

And I agree with the person who gave props to Fresh Tendrils... great, great song.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,136
    Superunknown is a great, great album. One of my favorite non-PJ albums ever. Everybody knows the two hits, Black Hole Sun and Fell On Black Days, well I say hits because they are the ones that continue to get airtime on the radio, but some other favorites of mine are Spoonman, The Day I Tried To Live, and Fresh Tendrils. And DOSW is right, the album gets better and better with each listen. Makes me want to listen to it now, but I don't have it at work.
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Superunknown is a classic! Hands down one of the best albums of the last 20 years. Speaking of Soundgarden, I actually dusted off "Down on the Upside" yesterday and threw it on in the car on my way to work. I almost forgot how awesome that record is.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    Definitely one of the greatest albums of the 90's. Fresh Tendrils and Head Down are two of my favourite songs ever
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • reachdown12reachdown12 Posts: 693
    I really don't believe it will ever be possible for me to stop praising this band and what it had done in its 12 year career. This was my first Soundgarden album and as soon as it ended it left me craving for more. There is a song to please everybody on that album because of its great diversity, yet manage to tie nicely all into one. Great songs such as Fell on Black Days, Mailman, Black Hole Sun, Limo Wreck, The Day I Tried to Live, Fresh Tendrils, 4th of July Like suicide, etc. are just beyond phenomenal. I have said it time and time again but anything this band creates or touches upon turns to gold. From the chunky riffs, or searing wails of Kim's guitar and Matt's incredible drumming portrayal, to Ben's haunting basslines and Chris vocals in a low baritone to a bone chilling scream...it all comes together and forms a great album..an amazing band. A true treasure this was, is, and always will be, and so much praise to those who have discovered the beauty of it. Truly an unbelievable force. *bows down to Soundgarden*<333
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
    *applauds* As usual, A-fuckin-MEN to every single word reachdown12.
    Beautifully and perfectly said. I could not agree more. :)

This band = uniquely genius. Pure fuckin gold!!
    HAIL HAIL the lucky ones...I refer to us that know.
    ;)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• RyeGuyRyeGuy Posts: 215
    very good album. I'm a big fan of every Soundgarden studio effort.
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense." Ed Ved

"No one cares about climbing stairs, Nothing at the top no more." Chris Cornell
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Incredible album, a classic of our times for sure. Cornell's vocals are ridiculously good, it totally perplexes me when you get some people who say he's not a very good singer - it leaves me wordering what exactly they deem 'good' in a singer? Just listening to Like Suicide now, from the low verses to the balls out wailing, the guy was fucking untouchable.
  • PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    From "Let Me Drown" to "She likes surprise" is an amazing journey.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Fucking timeless classic album, nuff said!
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    This is where my screen name came from back in 94 when I first signed onto AOL. To this day everybody is like what the hell is a sprunkun? 7 cause Black Hole Sun was just it for me at the time.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!