And the one's you missed!

HippyvikHippyvik Posts: 281
edited February 2007 in Other Music
So what are the most awesome gigs you've had tickets to and have had to sell them for whatever reason?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I had Radiohead tickets for Molson Park in Barrie a bunch of years ago and my boss made me fill in for him at a meeting that afternoon that went much later than expected. Not only did I miss the show, but I didn't even get to sell them. They still hang on my bulletin board, untouched.
  • PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    Well, I never got tickets to the Chicago PJ show in 95 (I tried, but they sold out in like 5-10 min) but I ended up winning the concert on CD from our local Vintage Vinyl. It was the only thing like that I have ever won, and I felt as though it was a nice way of saying "hey you didnt get to be at the show, but now at least you can hear it..."
  • HippyvikHippyvik Posts: 281
    I had tickets to see Guns n' Roses at Wembley Arena with Faith No More & Soundgarden supporting. My friend pulled out the week before and I couldn't find anyone else to gowith me so I had to sell them, I was gutted. I got to see Faith No More a few years later at Brixton Academy with L7 supporting, and Soundgarden at Readng Fest just before they split :) Never got to see Guns n' Roses though:(
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I have a few.
    I had to unload AC/DC tickets for Madison Square Garden because something came up and I could not go. I still have yet to see them...

I tried to get tickets to Neil Young, Soundgarden and Blind Melon in NJ before the show, but could not find a scalper anywhere.... thats the only time I tried to get into any event that way and came up empty..... luckily I got to see Blind Melon a couple of times and Soundgarden after that.

I also won tickets to see the Beastie Boys and Rage Against the Machine at Giants Stadium, but it was canceled due to one of the Beasties fucking up his shoulder falling off his bike in NYC. It was never rescheduled... I did get to see RATM after that, but not the Beasties..
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I had a couple that were free that I had to miss, nothing lost and nothing gained.

Kansas (110 outside, and I had a 102 fever, so I wasn't feeling up to it)
    Cheaptrick (I've missed them twice, (free tix both times too)
    hoobastank (free tix from their message board, but just decided at the last minute to go to a party instead).
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • I missed NIN at the House of Blues, AC last year. Just recently, a friend of mine who still works there said he could've gotten me backstage. I made him shut up and regret saying those words.
    I'll cut you in.
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    I had a ticket to see Lollapalooza the year Metallica, Soundgarden, and all those guys were on the bill. It was for the first date in Kansas City. However, I didn't have anyone to go with and I didn't know where the hell Longview Lake was.

I've seen Metallica twice on their own, but I kinda regret not going, seeing as how Soundgarden and The Ramones are no more.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i had to give my tix for pearl jam november 7th sydney 2006 to my daughter, cause i had tix for a rescheduled U2 gig in brisvegas on the same day.

also had tix to see the vines on may 28th 2005, but the gig was cancelled cause craig nicholls chucked a hissy fit the night before at a free gig. patrick,the bass player walked off stage that night and ended up joining youth group.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Nirvana at the New York Collesium, Halloween 93
    If I took off from work one more time, I was going to get fired, a small price to pay in retrospect. I never did get to see them.

Elvis Costello at CW Post University, Oct 99- There was a Mets playoff game the same night, no contest

Radiohead in Centerville Virginia, Aug 01- Made the 6 hour drive to find out the gig was cancelled due to flooding.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Never missed a gig ever!! And that includes when I had bronchitis (was travelling in Sydney) and still went although my cheering was of a much weaker standard than normal. Nothing would keep me from a gig if I had tkts
    2003 Bris 8 &9, Syd 11 &13, Melb 18, 19 &20
    2006 Vegas, San Diego, LA 9 & 10, San Francisco 15 &16, The Gorge 22 & 23, Syd 7 &8, Melb 13, 14 &16 Melb 20 2009, Buffalo Oct 12; Brooklyn Oct 18 & 19; Hartford Oct 25 2013