crown of thorns

edited December 2006 in Other Music
im sorry.... but no pearl jam song can match the greatness of this song. this song is just fuckin flawless. i dont think ill ever hear a better song in my life. anyone agree?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Tremendous song, especially when played after chloe dancer like on the singles soundtrack. PJ do it justice with a nice cover, not as powerful as the original though.
  • there are songs on that album that are much better
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Bone China.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    im sorry.... but no pearl jam song can match the greatness of this song. this song is just fuckin flawless. i dont think ill ever hear a better song in my life. anyone agree?
    I have thought that many times. I can't actually express how this song makes me feel. It's not something that I can put into words. I can't imagine another song ever meaning so much to me. I literally fell in love with it after one listen. PJ's covers just can't do it justice.

"You ever hear the story of Mr Faded Glory?
    say he who rides a pony must someday fall"
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    chloe loves the people in the french quarter

man of golden words is just as well
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • there are songs on that album that are much better

Yeah I have to agree...as much as I love Crown, by no means is it the best song on this incredible album.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • I never thought I'd say this, but I think Pearl Jam's version is as good, if not better than the original. Either version though... amazing song.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• NickyNooch wrote:
    I never thought I'd say this, but I think Pearl Jam's version is as good, if not better than the original.

no
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • My favorite part of the song is when Andrew sings the "C,mon, C'mon, C'mon" part. Bone chilling.
    "Caught a bolt 'a lightnin'...cursed the day he let it go..." - EV
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

you think 'crown of thorns' is better than 'black'?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • PJ17MKDPJ17MKD Posts: 136
    Crown Of Thorns is amazing...

just sometimes you cant compare things ... i cant compare black or alive or release or jeremy or whichever great pearl jam song to crown of thorns cause its all great in its own way... worship the songs for what they are if they are all great, some things are not comparable... at least for me... but i understand if you love that song the most of all, it really is a gem...
  • you think 'crown of thorns' is better than 'black'?

THAT my friend, is tough.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Andrew Wood rules!!!!!!!!!
    R.I.P.