RATM reform...is it for one show or more?

reaching handsreaching hands Posts: 370
edited February 2007 in Other Music
i would jump at the chance to see them live, if only it could happen in a town near me!

is this just a one off or has anyone heard anything else?

leeds 26/08/06....electric
paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• right now, according to news reports its just for one show. But they are deciding whether to do more shows. Its just a one off right now

But from what tom morello had to say, about the reforming of Rage being political, and to try and change the world and knock Bush's administration out, it makes it sound like they will be doing more touring. At least thats what I would assume/
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Copied the following from the Coachella board. Apparently it's a quote from MTV:

AUDIOSLAVE/ex-RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE guitarist Tom Morello spoke to MTV.com about RAGE's decision to reunite for the eighth annual Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California, on April 29. According to Morello, RAGE will be taking the stage with a singular mission in mind.

"To deliver a knockout blow to the Bush administration," Morello explained in his first interview since RAGE's reunion announcement January 22. "And hopefully, one night in the desert is all it will take. They're teetering, so ..."

"Is it coincidence that in the seven years that RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE has been away that the country has slid into right-wing purgatory? I think not," he said. "It occurred to all of us that the times were right to see if we can knock the Bush administration out in one fell swoop, and we hope to do that job well. This administration has done enough damage that it may take generations to undo. This is an administration that believes it's beyond the laws of the land, which is fine for emperors, but not so great for presidents. One thing this president isn't above is the laws of physics, and there is no action without reaction. And we're part of that reaction."

For now, RAGE are playing just one show, Morello said — but he wouldn't rule out the possibility of future RAGE activities.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    "Is it coincidence that in the seven years that RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE has been away that the country has slid into right-wing purgatory? I think not,"

Is he being serious here do you think?
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    There is a rumour going around that they will be playing Reading,how cool would that be.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Here's another article from today:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/20070207-1105-music-tommorello.html

This one makes it look as if its a one shot deal. It also sounds like he's planning on sticking with the Nightwatchman solo acoustic thing for awhile.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    A little bit naive on Morello's part. Just because RAGE hasn't been around for a while USA polotics has gone to shit!? I think Audioslave wasn't too happy that Chris didn't want to tour with Revelations. It is possible that RAGE will reform and Audioslave split but i hope not.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • mole1985 wrote:
    A little bit naive on Morello's part. Just because RAGE hasn't been around for a while USA polotics has gone to shit!? I think Audioslave wasn't too happy that Chris didn't want to tour with Revelations. It is possible that RAGE will reform and Audioslave split but i hope not.

I'm betting Audioslave will split, especially if Cornell's solo album does well. Which will lead the way for a full on RATM reunion.
  • mohomoho Posts: 541
    Chris Cornell's soo album probably will do well if it's plugged enough, especially after the You KNow My Name track on the Bond film.

And Rage better fucking tour because I want to see them!!!!

And audioslave always sucked so i dont care if they split. Morello, Wilk and Commerford were always destined to play Heavy Funk Rhythms, not pansy half-arsed clichéd chord progressions and blatant rip-offs of riffs morello wrote 15 years ago.
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    They should headline Ozzfest...maybe just cause it's free and I want to go, but that would be fucking sweet.

I pray to God they tour, I would do nearly anything to see them...and I can't make it to Coachella.

How about seeing Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, and Rage Against The Machine in one summer? Damn!
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • I am praying to the fuckin Gods that they do at least just one last tour.

To TRULY experience that energy live that is a force to be reckoned with..holy shit I am getting chills down my spine just thinking about it.

RATM\m/
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    moho wrote:
    Chris Cornell's soo album probably will do well if it's plugged enough, especially after the You KNow My Name track on the Bond film.

And Rage better fucking tour because I want to see them!!!!

And audioslave always sucked so i dont care if they split. Morello, Wilk and Commerford were always destined to play Heavy Funk Rhythms, not pansy half-arsed clichéd chord progressions and blatant rip-offs of riffs morello wrote 15 years ago.

agreed
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    drew0 wrote:
    How about seeing Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, and Rage Against The Machine in one summer? Damn!

LOL

Grunge in 2007 is where metal was in the mid-late nineties. Everyone was reuniting and touring, putting out "comeback" albums (no reference to the PJ song of same name). But yeah.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • fanch75 wrote:
    LOL

Grunge in 2007 is where metal was in the mid-late nineties. Everyone was reuniting and touring, putting out "comeback" albums (no reference to the PJ song of same name). But yeah.

Yeah but at least 'grunge' was good to start with.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    I talked to Tom at one of his 'Nightwatchman' gigs and asked him about the Rage reunion. He said that he and Zach have kicked it around since last Summer when they got together to try to save the inner city farm in Los Angeles. When I asked him about Audioslave and touring to support their last album, he said Chris doesn't want to do the big rock tour. He (Chris) will probably do smaller, easier theater dates to support his solo album (I'm guessing Wiltern/Showbox sized venues)... but, Audioslave is still a go as a band.
    When I asked about more Rage shows... he said they are only planning this one Coachella gig... but, he also said that if it feels right, they may do others. So it was a 'Wait and see how this one works out before making a decision' kind of thing.
    Tuesday night's gig was great... an acoustic 'Guerilla Radio' from Tom, A new song ('Lifeline') from Ben Harper premired, and Finale Jam that included B Real and Sen Dog of Cypress Hill and a great rendition of Springsteen's 'Born In The U.S.A.' with Tom and Ben trading lead vocals... and Ben Harper singing background vocals on 'Play That Funky Music, White Boy' (something I never thought I'd ever see... and will probably never see again). And Tom's 'Flesh Shapes The Day' would make an AWESOME Rage song.
    Also... Good News for the folks in New York... I talked to some of the other artists on the bill and they said that the 'Nightwatchman' will probably do a few dates in the Big Apple. Some of the performers I have seen perform with Tom were Ben Harper, Perry Farrell, Serj Tankian, Jill Sobule, Cypress Hill, Boots Riley, Queen V and an assortment of musicians from bands like Nickelcreek (NOT Nickleback), Seether, Switchfoot, Gigolo Aunts and Velvet Revolver. All for the People's Price of 10 dollars... which all proceeds go to 'Axis Of Justice' and 'Food, Not Bombs' to feed the hungry and homeless in the city.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Tom seriously thinks that Rage not being around has allowed right-wing politics to grow? And that a reunion will have any impact whatsoever in getting rid of him? Remember the Vote for Change tour?
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • mohomoho Posts: 541
    Cosmo wrote:
    I talked to Tom at one of his 'Nightwatchman' gigs and asked him about the Rage reunion. He said that he and Zach have kicked it around since last Summer when they got together to try to save the inner city farm in Los Angeles. When I asked him about Audioslave and touring to support their last album, he said Chris doesn't want to do the big rock tour. He (Chris) will probably do smaller, easier theater dates to support his solo album (I'm guessing Wiltern/Showbox sized venues)... but, Audioslave is still a go as a band.
    When I asked about more Rage shows... he said they are only planning this one Coachella gig... but, he also said that if it feels right, they may do others. So it was a 'Wait and see how this one works out before making a decision' kind of thing.
    Tuesday night's gig was great... an acoustic 'Guerilla Radio' from Tom, A new song ('Lifeline') from Ben Harper premired, and Finale Jam that included B Real and Sen Dog of Cypress Hill and a great rendition of Springsteen's 'Born In The U.S.A.' with Tom and Ben trading lead vocals... and Ben Harper singing background vocals on 'Play That Funky Music, White Boy' (something I never thought I'd ever see... and will probably never see again). And Tom's 'Flesh Shapes The Day' would make an AWESOME Rage song.
    Also... Good News for the folks in New York... I talked to some of the other artists on the bill and they said that the 'Nightwatchman' will probably do a few dates in the Big Apple. Some of the performers I have seen perform with Tom were Ben Harper, Perry Farrell, Serj Tankian, Jill Sobule, Cypress Hill, Boots Riley, Queen V and an assortment of musicians from bands like Nickelcreek (NOT Nickleback), Seether, Switchfoot, Gigolo Aunts and Velvet Revolver. All for the People's Price of 10 dollars... which all proceeds go to 'Axis Of Justice' and 'Food, Not Bombs' to feed the hungry and homeless in the city.

I'm glad to hear this. It warms my heart that there is still that spirit floating around some of the best musicians to give to charity when they easily could just say 'fuck it'.
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    Cosmo wrote:

Man that kinda sucks, I've been waiting for Audioslave to tour for Revelations since it came out, theyre amazing live. I guess I'll just have to settle for a solo Chris Cornell. And congrats to all the Rage fans, if they do a full tour.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    a5pj wrote:
    Man that kinda sucks, I've been waiting for Audioslave to tour for Revelations since it came out, theyre amazing live. I guess I'll just have to settle for a solo Chris Cornell. And congrats to all the Rage fans, if they do a full tour.
    Audioslave may still play the one off Festival shows... the way Tom made it sound... Chris doesn't like dragging the huge staging and sound and lighting and dealing with busses and airports from city to city. Check the Radio Station gigs (like KROQ's Weenie Roast ot San Diego's Street Scene) in your locale... they may pop up at those.
    and I love Audioslave... I don't really compare them to Rage or Soundgarden... more like a new mixture... like Peanut Butter and Chocolate.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    fanch75 wrote:
    LOL

Pumpkins & Rage only broke up, what, six-seven years ago? I have very little doubt that they'll both still kick ass (and we know Pearl Jam still does). Rage, minus Zack, has been active with Audioslave, so we know they won't be rusty - and Zack will be so pissed off with the gov't, and that he finally gets a chance to speak - he'll come out screaming. Smashing Pumpkins will also be fine, I have faith in Billy.

And, as someone said, at least Smashing Pumpkins & Rage were good to begin with.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08