Recent Mixtapes

CazpjCazpj Posts: 58
edited July 2007 in Other Music
I'm a bit of a mixtape making freak :) Sometimes I spend ages over one (although that often leads to me getting bored of it...) and sometimes I just suddenly get an idea for a good one and get it together in an hour or so.

And of course you always have to have someone to share it with, otherwise it seems kind of pointless at the end I find :)

So anyways, just thought I'd share my most recent mix that I made, I burned a few copies for my buds at work and they all seemed to like it :)

It was called "M.Y.T.H" (I always name 'em after a lyric from one of the songs) and the tracklist was:

1. Massive Attack - Teardrop
2. Pearl Jam - Faithful
3. Led Zep - Black Dog
4. Audioslave - Doesn't Remind Me
5. My Morning Jacket - Master Plan
6. Jack Johnson - Situations
7. The Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings
8. Slit Enz - I Got You
9. The Roots - The Seed (2.0)
10. Stone Gossard - Unhand Me
11. Chris Cornell - Billie Jean
12. Stevie Wonder - He's Misstra Know It All
13. Ed Vedder, Jack Johnson, Zach Gill etc. - I Shall Be Released (live at the Kokua Festival)

Anyone else made any nice mixes lately?

And hey, anyone interested in doing a mixtape (well, cd I guess...) swap? I'll make one for you, you make one for me? Maybe get to find some new music or just a cool tracklist!
4/20/06 Astoria
8/29/06 Arnhem
9/11/06 Paris
6/18/07 London
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I see you go for the 'throw anything on there' technique! Mine HAVE to flow perfectly, so if it starts with a slower song, the next song has to fit with that, and then gradually the songs build up til I throw some heavier faster stuff on there, then back down again - they take me ages!
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I see you go for the 'throw anything on there' technique! Mine HAVE to flow perfectly, so if it starts with a slower song, the next song has to fit with that, and then gradually the songs build up til I throw some heavier faster stuff on there, then back down again - they take me ages!

I sometimes like to have them proggress or follow a theme, but I can often just throw out a random ecclectic mix also.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • CazpjCazpj Posts: 58
    ha ha yeah kind of :) But I always spend ages making sure the end of one song sounds good going into the beginning of another. There's always a vibe that I'm feeling is working that I go with. So sometimes songs I thought I'd put on the cd just don't fit and get left off :)
    4/20/06 Astoria
    8/29/06 Arnhem
    9/11/06 Paris
    6/18/07 London
  • KannKann Posts: 1,146
    the last one i made it was while a depressing lonesome night. the tape (well cd) is horribly depressing and i can't even bear to listen to all of it now. But it felt good that night.
    And hey, anyone interested in doing a mixtape (well, cd I guess...) swap? I'll make one for you, you make one for me? Maybe get to find some new music or just a cool tracklist!
    I am.