I met Flea!

CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
edited October 2007 in Other Music
So this past Thursday I was in Monterey, CA two days before my wedding and I was in the Whole Foods getting some stuff for a cookout with my family and wedding party. As I'm in the produce area, I see this shaved head dude with tattoos and I keep looking at him. I think holy shit, that's Flea, but I wasn't sure. He looked like any normal guy you'd see out here in CA. So I caught him eye to eye and I said to him, "You are aren't you?" He shook his head, I went over to shake his hand and he shook mine. I told him what I big fan of RHCP I was, and that I wish he was playing this weekend with Eddie, but I was getting married so I wouldn't be able to go anyways. He wished me luck again on my wedding and off he went with his supermodel wife and little girl. It was cool to meet him, but it was also cool not to be like wacko paparazzi shit and make a big deal about it. My brother was able to snap a picture of him on his cell phone though. Needed some momento!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• memememe Posts: 4,695
    So this past Thursday I was in Monterey, CA two days before my wedding and I was in the Whole Foods getting some stuff for a cookout with my family and wedding party. As I'm in the produce area, I see this shaved head dude with tattoos and I keep looking at him. I think holy shit, that's Flea, but I wasn't sure. He looked like any normal guy you'd see out here in CA. So I caught him eye to eye and I said to him, "You are aren't you?" He shook his head, I went over to shake his hand and he shook mine. I told him what I big fan of RHCP I was, and that I wish he was playing this weekend with Eddie, but I was getting married so I wouldn't be able to go anyways. He wished me luck again on my wedding and off he went with his supermodel wife and little girl. It was cool to meet him, but it was also cool not to be like wacko paparazzi shit and make a big deal about it. My brother was able to snap a picture of him on his cell phone though. Needed some momento!

I don't know how you managed not to ask about why they are not playing bridge :p

Time to update your signature :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Cool, I saw him naked on the weekend

watching a Woodtsock 99 video in case you ask how
  • So this past Thursday I was in Monterey, CA two days before my wedding and I was in the Whole Foods getting some stuff for a cookout with my family and wedding party. As I'm in the produce area, I see this shaved head dude with tattoos and I keep looking at him. I think holy shit, that's Flea, but I wasn't sure. He looked like any normal guy you'd see out here in CA. So I caught him eye to eye and I said to him, "You are aren't you?" He shook his head, I went over to shake his hand and he shook mine. I told him what I big fan of RHCP I was, and that I wish he was playing this weekend with Eddie, but I was getting married so I wouldn't be able to go anyways. He wished me luck again on my wedding and off he went with his supermodel wife and little girl. It was cool to meet him, but it was also cool not to be like wacko paparazzi shit and make a big deal about it. My brother was able to snap a picture of him on his cell phone though. Needed some momento!
    Wow! Nice. Flea always was my favourite member of RHCP.
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Cool, I saw him naked on the weekend

watching a Woodtsock 99 video in case you ask how

I saw him at Woodstock 99 too, I did mention that to him and he laughed.

Yes, time to update the sig!!
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    Does he look like a monkey? I mean physically?
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    bestsane wrote:
    Does he look like a monkey? I mean physically?

Ha ha ha!! No, he just looked like an older tatted up skater. Really laid back chill dude from what I saw.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968

Woop de doo. I sat in front of the man during the Mars Volta act at their show.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • SnakeSnake Posts: 2,605
    You know he was in "Back To The Future". Both II and III, I think.
    Pirates had democracy too.

"Its a secret to everybody."
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    But how was the wedding? Congrats and all that stuff!!!
    be philanthropic
  • Snake wrote:
    You know he was in "Back To The Future". Both II and III, I think.

Good old Needles!!

"Whats the matter McFly.........Chicken??
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14