Who do you loathe more??

CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Panic at the Disco or Fallout Boy? I personally cannot stand either one. And why is it every couple years we get crap like this. If it's not pop flavored boy bands, it's wanna be rocker boy types. Will it all ever come to an end? Cast your vote!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• panic at the disco
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • i can happily say i havent heard any music of either :)
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • i can happily say i havent heard any music of either :)

Consider yourself lucky. I cannot turn on the radio without hearing these freaks!
  • C) My Chemical Romance
  • D.) all of the above
  • did ya guys see his penis when pics of it were leaked over the net? of course i took a peak :D
    that's what always pops into my head now when i read or hear anything about fob. pete and his penis. ;) lol
    www.riseagainst.com

Only thunder gives me rest.
  • Wow, thankfully I haven't heard about that. I can't stand Fall Out Boy though, never heard the other band.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Fall out Boy, but they are both horrible
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    both
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Fall Out Boy, due to their appropriating a Simpsons reference for such a god awful purpose.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    I don;t think I can pick one as they sound so remarkably similar I can't tell the difference so I'll say whichever one I hear next.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • 30 Seconds to Mars
  • JamnPearl wrote:
    30 Seconds to Mars

They did an in store appearance at a local record store here in town where a friend of mine works... Jared Leto has people tune his guitars in between songs, because he can't do it himself; he is also apparently a really pompous asshole (no surprise there really).
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • I consider all those bands different expressions, or "avatars" of one "prime-source" band, and as such hate them/it with equal disgust and passion.
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i can happily say i havent heard any music of either :)
    Me neither. I saw the names of these bands(?) on my Sirius radio and I couldn't tell which was the band name and what was the name of the song. And I just heard that Panic Disco or whatever the name is won the VMA of the year?!?!? For all those in high school and college and this is the music of your era, I feel sorry for you.
  • 2 of the worst bands ever!!!

I HATE THEM!!!! awful, AWFUL bands, they are not even bands, those are kids trying to play instruments!! and they suck!!
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • i hate both band's music...though i hate fall out boy more for personal reasons too. they came into my store, trashed the place right before closing, and ridiculed one of my cashiers for leaving a security tag on one of their jackets. they were so ridiculous...they were trying soooo hard to have someone recognize them. flashing their all-access passes, yelling. maybe they were just fitting into their new-found fame?!? regardless....they annoy me!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • mrwalkerb wrote:
    I don;t think I can pick one as they sound so remarkably similar I can't tell the difference so I'll say whichever one I hear next.
    Agree with this one. Both are pretty bubble gum.
    11/5/93 Indio, CA;11/6/95 SD; 7/13/98 LA; 10/24/00 LA; 10/28/00 SB; 4/1/03 CO; 6/2/03 OC; 6/5/03 SD; 9/2/05 BC; 7/9-10/06 LA; 10/21/06 Bridge; 12/9/06 Oahu; 10/27/07 Bridge; 4/12/08 Eddie; 6/30/08 Mansfield; 9/30/09 Universal; 7/9/11 Eddie; 11/23-24/13 LA; 11/26/13 Oak.;10/22/13 CO
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Consider yourself lucky. I cannot turn on the radio without hearing these freaks!

Freaks????? because they wear make-up and dress different???? is this the frat boy-jock Pearl Jam fan rearing its ugly head.........if I bought their whole image then maybe they would be interesting - unfortunately their "freak"iness seems more like something their image consultant picked out for them.....these guys are not "freaks" - thats what makes them so boring....
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Todd76 wrote:
    Freaks????? because they wear make-up and dress different???? is this the frat boy-jock Pearl Jam fan rearing its ugly head.........if I bought their whole image then maybe they would be interesting - unfortunately their "freak"iness seems more like something their image consultant picked out for them.....these guys are not "freaks" - thats what makes them so boring....

Sorry, hate to burst your bubble, but I am not the frat boy jock type PJ fan. I just call a lot of things and people freaks. It was not in reference to their image and make-up. It's in reference to both bands as a whole. Don't take it so personal, FREAK!
    Sorry, hate to burst your bubble, but I am not the frat boy jock type PJ fan. I just call a lot of things and people freaks. It was not in reference to their image and make-up. It's in reference to both bands as a whole. Don't take it so personal, FREAK!

fair enough.....its hard for me not to take it personal - my parents were part of a circus freak show - i was teased my whole life..."hahaha - your parents are freaks"......words can hurt man
  • Todd76 wrote:
    fair enough.....its hard for me not to take it personal - my parents were part of a circus freak show - i was teased my whole life..."hahaha - your parents are freaks"......words can hurt man

No intention to hurt anyone with this thread, just pointing out shitty music and seeing if others agree.
    No intention to hurt anyone with this thread, just pointing out shitty music and seeing if others agree.

man - i'm not hurt, i was just kidding (no freak shows in my family - at least none that im aware of) .... definitely shitty music, the freak thing just gets my back up sometimes

EDIT: if i had to chose - Fall Out Boy is much worse.....Panic at the Disco gets HUGE bonus points because they are going out on tour with the mighty BLOC PARTY....god bless Bloc Party
  • I don't like either band. However, I much prefer being bombarded with these bands on the radio and TV than all the horrible bubblegum boy bands. I suppose that you could argue that these bands are the new generation of boy bands.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    Panic at the Disco or Fallout Boy? I personally cannot stand either one. And why is it every couple years we get crap like this. If it's not pop flavored boy bands, it's wanna be rocker boy types. Will it all ever come to an end? Cast your vote!

u2
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I hate Panic at the Disco. The name bugs the hell out of me, and makes me want to vomit alone. I've only heard a few songs, and I thought I was dumber after listening to them. I can't really tell the difference, but I did note (and was later told by a friend who is a fangirl of both bands) that Panic is way more techno, and they just sound worse because of that. Vocals are the same, melodies are the same in every song. Panic, only because they are more techno flavored.

I've heard a handful of Fall Out Boy songs - probably around five or six, and, honestly, cannot tell the difference between them all. The chords, the melodies, everything sounds the same.

I can't wait until two years from now when they're nobody.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • don't listen to the radio or watch mtv..they are not viable places to hear good music these days..these bands make that obviously clear
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    My younger siblings love both bands. Can't stand either of them. Stupid, copy-cat, pre-teen masturbation fodder. If you want to look at pretty boys wearing make-up and pretending to play their instruments...well, I can't think of a good metaphor, but you can go fuck yourself.
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • panic! at the disco

they get my vote for the sole reason of that goddamn exclamation mark in the middle of their idiotic band name. what a bunch of shit music that's on mtv and the radio these days. i've only heard their one song and seen clips of their "award winning" video and i know i hate them. that being said, fall out boy is not much, if at all better. they only might be because that song "sugar we're going down" or whatever was on so much and was so ridiculously catchy that i found myself singing it when i was at work. so i can tolerate that one. but their other song that i heard, i have no idea what it's called, is even worse. i'm so glad i didn't have to cut my musical teeth during these times with these horrible acts posing as serious musicians.
  • They did an in store appearance at a local record store here in town where a friend of mine works... Jared Leto has people tune his guitars in between songs, because he can't do it himself; he is also apparently a really pompous asshole (no surprise there really).

Oh he is a dick! Seen them open before Audioslave and they sucked arse. He was so mad b/c no one would get into it. He was cussing calling everyone f###kers. I think there was cheering when they exited the stage.

That other Fall Out Boy Song is "Dance, dance". Annoying!

And I thought Panic at the Disco was some dance club for the longest time. Hehehehe!