Options

dani california sucks

pjdude24pjdude24 Posts: 19
edited May 2006 in Other Music
anyone else think this? I think this is an awful song and if its any indication of how the album will sound, then RHCP fans are in trouble. Maybe it just sounds bad compared to the awesomeness of "Pearl Jam" and "10,000 days". What does others think about this one?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    i really liked the last two efforts by the chili peppers, but this song does absolutley nothing for me...
  • Options
    It's really poppy in the worst way.
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I don't think it's great, but it's not bad. On Monday they held some type of nationwide listening party from new york and they premeired some new tracks. From what I heard, it sounds like it's going to be a real good album.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    rhcp yaaaaaawwwwnnn ... what happened to 'em?! they used to be vaguely exciting and now.... zzzzzzzzzzz..... worst thing is (apart from the dull, dull music) is how so many people think they're better now than ever..... :confused:
    http://www.myspace.com/cellophanehand
    free your mind... and your ass will follow...
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Last Dance with Mary Jane. One more time to kill the paieeeainnn.
  • Options
    lumpyfredlumpyfred Posts: 243
    Dani California sadly seems like pure mediocrity. I wish it weren't so, but I cant say I give a crap about the song at all anymore.
    Her?
  • Options
    mark armmark arm Posts: 962
    what else is new dude ...
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    yea its nothing special..
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
  • Options
    happyhourherohappyhourhero Posts: 204
    i thought the song was ok, but the world doesn't need another song about california.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Thank you!! LOL. the last time I posted that it sounded similar to the Tom Petty song, someone replied on here asking if I was on crack. The disc jockey's here in Dallas were even singing the tom petty song over the RHCP track. It was hilarious... because of the Mary jane/ tom petty comical stuff, they were doing, I can't help but laugh every time I hear Dani california.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    No new ground, just the same old, same old. It's mediocre at best. John Frusciante should pursue a solo career, and leave RHCP behind permanently!
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:

don't forget the jimi hendrix ending.......
  • Options
    bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    what sucks about it?it's a catchy ass song that rocks.they will never sound like they did in the early days so get over it.everything sucks to everyone these days.i don't get you guys...
  • Options
    jhawk98jhawk98 Posts: 145
    hmm. I've been one of the most harsh critics of the last two peppers efforts, especially BTW, but I like this new tune. I think it's got a bit of funk to it. Not anything like the nastiness they used to bring out, but it's got a hint of it. I'm hopeful for the new record, but a bit scared since it's a double album that could easily be full of filler. We will see...
    rock chalk
  • Options
    What's up with all the hate for the Chili's??? I mean they've had many better songs than Dani California, but it's not that bad. You people need to realize that it's ok to have a fun, poppish song once in a while...it doesn't always have to be all serious
  • Options
    What's up with all the hate for the Chili's??? I mean they've had many better songs than Dani California, but it's not that bad. You people need to realize that it's ok to have a fun, poppish song once in a while...it doesn't always have to be all serious
    that's what i keep saying.what's wrong with a fun song that's catchy and just kicks ass??everything sucks to everyone these days.
  • Options
    the Chilli Peppers have evolved into a different band. this and the last album have been reaaaal different from their earlier albums, i think at least. I LIKE IT THOUGH, ITS GOOD.
  • Options
    the new album goes into an even different direction.amazing how they have evolved over the past 3 albums!
  • Options
    rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    I am thankful that we got a new Chili peppers album comin. I think Dani california is awsome. I know alot of people that feel the same. Wyh do people bitch about every band that has stuff comming out? "man this new chilli peppers sucks..........." FUCK NO IT DOESNT! of course thats just my opinion but I am fucking happy we get some RHCP instead of some dumb ass new emo band. FUCK EMO MUSIC! Not that that has anything to do with anything its just I hate emo music and the people that listen to it are like a rotten disease in my school and I hate it. whatever never mind haha
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    mattmanmattman Posts: 12
    I'll admit, I loved By the Way. The album had a Mammas and the Pappas feel to it. The album was incredibly melodic and well done. However, Dani California does nothing for me. The song is derivative, and seems like an extension to Californication and By the Way. I was expecting something more original. However, I do have high hopes for Stadium Arcadium. I also didn't like the song by the Way, but I thought the rest of the album was terrific. Based on early buzz, the album has received some good reviews. Rollingstone gave it four stars. Hopefully the rest of the album isn't as weak as Dani California.
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    red mos wrote:
    Thank you!! LOL. the last time I posted that it sounded similar to the Tom Petty song, someone replied on here asking if I was on crack. The disc jockey's here in Dallas were even singing the tom petty song over the RHCP track. It was hilarious... because of the Mary jane/ tom petty comical stuff, they were doing, I can't help but laugh every time I hear Dani california.

I didn't really hear it, but about a week ago a dude called up Q101 in Chicago and pointed it out. You can't deny that there's a similiarity between the melody of the two songs.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    rhcp yaaaaaawwwwnnn ... what happened to 'em?! they used to be vaguely exciting and now.... zzzzzzzzzzz..... worst thing is (apart from the dull, dull music) is how so many people think they're better now than ever..... :confused:

Same with DMB. He was such a talented, unique artist, and then he went poppy and everyone hails him as the greatest musician out there today.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    Yeah, who needs catchy rock? People that complain that something is too poppy are just meatheads to me. Some of the most complex music seems simple to the moronic meathead musical fan base. Fast tempo doesn't particularly mean a song rawks meatheads.