Options

new morrissey

pjdude24pjdude24 Posts: 19
edited April 2006 in Other Music
Anyone pick up the new morrissey yet? was curious how it was, in comparison to his last album (you are the quarry).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    The single I heard was pretty bad.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    I Like the song, the album I already herd it, and it is Awesome
    I loved it just have to get it as soon as possible.
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    i heard it twice. didn't impress me much. way inferior 'you are the quarry'
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    getting it tomorrow, the new single wasn't that good but as usual, morrissey's b-sides are his best songs.
    if you get a chance, download the you have killed me EP off of itunes.
    you're getting all the b-sides from the 2 you have killed me singles for 3.96.

I don't think he'll ever top Your Arsenal or Vauxhall & I.
  • Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    I think its amazing.

'Life is a Pigsty' is probably the most beautiful song ever. "I've been shifting gears all of my life..." Man when that kicks in....chills...

And Youngset Was The Most Loved is the best pop song he's done since The Smiths Girlfriend in a Coma.

Morrissey is and always will be a fucking legend.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    Mr PyjamaMr Pyjama Posts: 253
    I'm picking this up from town tomorrow...from a friend i've heard the album is pretty good- a couple of week tracks, but some really positive stuff there.

I wasn't overly impressed with You have killed me...it's just quite an average pop song...but then again, i wasn't blown away with Irish Blood at first...I caught him live on tour twice the other year, and that much heightened my appreciation for YATQ.

I have to agree with the previous post though- based on everything the guy has acheived and influenced thus far- he is in a league far superior to pretty much anyone else in the business.
    Situations get fucked up and turned around sooner or later...
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I love Morrissey but after three listens I'm just not impressed. I really hope it grows on me though.

IMO the best Morrisey album is "Vauxhall and I" followed closely by "Your Arsenal". But I like these last two better than his previous two.
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    I wasn't too enthused on the first 2-3 listens, but it's growing on me now. YHKM is one of the weaker tracks, a sentiment I've come across from more rabid Mozzer fans than I. Life is a Pigsty, I Will See You in Far Off Places & To Me You Are a Work of Art are my favourites. Morrissey's vocals are excellent throughout the whole album.
    Overall, I think it's an okay album. I like YATQ much better, though.
  • Options
    armyreservearmyreserve Posts: 209
    I liked MOZZER's new album.
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA