Options

Grant Lee Buffalo Fans

eclecticeclectic Posts: 244
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Are there any massive PJ fans who like me also love GLB.I just wondered as I see similarities in certain songs.
'All the rusted signs,we ignore throughout our lives,
Choosing the shiny ones instead'

Reading 06 - Torino 06 - Wembley 07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    eclectic wrote:
    Are there any massive PJ fans who like me also love GLB.I just wondered as I see similarities in certain songs.

i remember listening to something years ago and thinking it was pretty cool but never followed up on it, could you recommend any songs?
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i had "mighty joe moon" when it came out. lots of good songs on there, so thats what i suggest.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    I have all their albums and almost all the solo work by Grant Lee Phillips... Love their music, even when the final album by GLB, Jubilee, was sort of a let down. I could mention lots of great songs they have, by now I'll just mention 2 of my favorites: Jupiter & Teardrop and Happiness, God that line "I'm bad at this thing, happiness, if you find it share it with the rest of us..." ...yeah, please, if someone finds it tell me what's that about...
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    eclecticeclectic Posts: 244
    i remember listening to something years ago and thinking it was pretty cool but never followed up on it, could you recommend any songs?

My favourite tracks are :

Fuzzy,Jupiter and Teardrop,Mockingbirds,Lone Star Song,This is the Life,Honey Don't Think,Bethlehem Steel,Crackdown,Even the Oxon,Testimony,Eight Mile Road,Were you There, and Shallow End.There are others but I think all of these are great.They do have a 'Best Of' Compilation on London Records.Its called 'Gems from the vault of GLB'.Good luck and I hope you like some the songs.
    'All the rusted signs,we ignore throughout our lives,
    Choosing the shiny ones instead'

Reading 06 - Torino 06 - Wembley 07
  • Options
    WesternskyWesternsky Posts: 363
    Grant Lee Phillips has one of those voices that just stays with you. The first song I ever heard was Fuzzy (a million years ago) and I couldn't get him out of my head.

I don't know that I have a favorite, but the one song that gets me every time would be Honey Don't Think.