Grant-Lee Phillips - Live at Dingwalls Camden

eclecticeclectic Posts: 244
edited September 2007 in Other Music
I was at this gig last night which is the third time I have seen him live and it was fuckin ACE!! Probably the best of the three . A great mix of new and old about 1 hour 30 mins. The highlights for me were Fuzzy, Mockingbirds, Lone Star Song and what a last song , he did an acoustic Boys Don't Cry by The Cure which was positively splendiferous!!
Anyone else there? If not check him out on the rare occasions he pops over from California , and check out his stuff , especially the first two Grant Lee Buffalo albums Fuzzy and Mighty Joe Moon.He has one of the best voices in Rock along with EV , in fact I think Michael Stipe has said as much (he does backing vocals on a couple of the albums).PURE CLASS!!!!
'All the rusted signs,we ignore throughout our lives,
Choosing the shiny ones instead'

Reading 06 - Torino 06 - Wembley 07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm a big fan of Grant Lee. He's very talented. Michael Stipe has listed him in his top 5 all time favorite singer/songwriters. When i saw R.E.M. in 95 here in Philly the three nights they played Great Lee Buffalo opened the show. I didn't know them at all but I remember they really rocked and played so loud. Louder than R.E.M. even. A few years later when I saw that Stipe did backing vocals on Jubilee I bought the album and have been a fan ever since.
    "If you were waiting for us, than we were waiting for you" E. Vedder 10-3-05

He who forgets will be destined to remember.
  • Great, a reply.Good stuff.I do believe they supported PJ once.How good a gig would that have been!!
    'All the rusted signs,we ignore throughout our lives,
    Choosing the shiny ones instead'

Reading 06 - Torino 06 - Wembley 07