Options

the distillers

Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
edited October 2006 in Other Music
did they split or are they just in a pause? anyone knows?
www.amnesty.org
www.amnesty.org.uk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'd say split and one of their members is now in Angels and Airwaves.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    they are apparently BACK. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    That would be pretty cool! 
    You know how some joke about heterosexual guys who still melt into "Veddersexuals" and admit they would never kick him out of bed if that unlikely event ever occurred?  I'm a hetero woman who is absolutely positively a "Brodysexual".  She is so incredibly cool and strong and attractive, I'd fall to pieces if she looked me in the eye!
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    You know how some joke about heterosexual guys who still melt into "Veddersexuals" and admit they would never kick him out of bed if that unlikely event ever occurred?  I'm a hetero woman who is absolutely positively a "Brodysexual".  She is so incredibly cool and strong and attractive, I'd fall to pieces if she looked me in the eye!
    brody is on my list. you know, your 'exception' list you get to have even though you are married. she's at or near the top. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    JH6056 said:
    brody is on my list. you know, your 'exception' list you get to have even though you are married. she's at or near the top. 
    Ok, so I have 3 questions about your "Exception List":
    1. Who else is on it?
    2. Just let's say somehow, in some strange confluence of events, you actually got a REAL CHANCE to connect with someone on your list, what % acceptable would it be to your significant other for you to REALLY "make the exception"?
    3. Who's on your significant other's list? :) 

And I just have to tell you then, since she's so high up on my list too (but my husband doesn't know that I don't think - I need to tell him, he'd probably like that LOL!) but I need to tell you that the one time I met her, I used to still have this essential oil that a friend of mine made from scratch that everyone always used to comment on.  I was walking down some stairs backstage at another band's gig behind her and tapped her and talked to her so I was above her and she below (and I'm short, so that made us about even talking), and she had to lean in to hear me, and she listened to me and then pulled back, looked me right in the eye only inches from my face, and said "You.  Smell.  SOGOOD."  And just really looked at me, then answered my question, then kept walking.

Let's just say I was rather happy about that interaction LOL!
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    JH6056 said:
    Ok, so I have 3 questions about your "Exception List":
    1. Who else is on it?
    2. Just let's say somehow, in some strange confluence of events, you actually got a REAL CHANCE to connect with someone on your list, what % acceptable would it be to your significant other for you to REALLY "make the exception"?
    3. Who's on your significant other's list? :) 

And I just have to tell you then, since she's so high up on my list too (but my husband doesn't know that I don't think - I need to tell him, he'd probably like that LOL!) but I need to tell you that the one time I met her, I used to still have this essential oil that a friend of mine made from scratch that everyone always used to comment on.  I was walking down some stairs backstage at another band's gig behind her and tapped her and talked to her so I was above her and she below (and I'm short, so that made us about even talking), and she had to lean in to hear me, and she listened to me and then pulled back, looked me right in the eye only inches from my face, and said "You.  Smell.  SOGOOD."  And just really looked at me, then answered my question, then kept walking.

Let's just say I was rather happy about that interaction LOL!
    1) Paget Brewster. Angie Harmon. Jill Hennessy (do you see a pattern here? LOL)
    2) not a chance (nor would I even ask, or want to ask for that matter. the guilt would be too immense to bear)
    3) she has a few crushes, none of whom I can recall at this moment for some reason. She doesn't mention things like that very often. 

i would be too! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,840
    pretty awesome, didn't realize they were gonna tour this year

05/19 – Columbus, OH @ Sonic Temple Music Festival
    05/21 – Milwaukee, WI @ Pabst Theatre
    05/22 – Chicago, IL @ Metro
    05/24 – Detroit, MI @ St. Andrews Hall
    05/25 – Toronto, ON @ The Phoenix Concert Theatre
    05/26 – Toronto, ON @ The Phoenix Concert Theatre
    05/28 – Boston, MA @ Royale Boston
    05/29 – Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Steel
    05/31 – Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
    06/01 – Philadelphia, PA @ Union Transfer
    06/02 – Carrboro, NC @ Cat’s Cradle
    06/04 – Nashville, TN @ The Basement

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    I saw them open for afi and rancid 15 yrs ago? in chicago.
    One of my favorite concerts.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.