Options

Dresden Dolls

Irish_lolaIrish_lola Posts: 14
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Can't seem to find any other love for the Dolls here so I thought I start a thread. I had my reservations about them, seem to remember thinking there was a bit to much over-emoting going on (and I'm a PJ fan from back in the day!) but I went to see them in Dublin a couple of weeks back and the absolutely blew me away. I've never seen or heard anything like it, this huge amount of noise and energy coming from two people with a piano and drums, just incredible.

Anyone else like them?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Mr PyjamaMr Pyjama Posts: 253
    Yes, although i have only heard the first album. I am very impressed though. I'm hoping to catch them at Leeds festival this year.
    Situations get fucked up and turned around sooner or later...
  • Options
    Irish_lolaIrish_lola Posts: 14
    Oh, you really should if you can. It's not often you see a lead singer in a Who t-shirt with stripy stockings and suspenders (although I've no idea what Mr. Vedder does in the privacy of his own home. :)).
    I'm going to Reading and I can't wait to see them again.
  • Options
    casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    I saw them last Saturday for the second time. I love them, their music, their vibe and their excellent choice of covers. They're really nice people as well. But I can imagine it's a love or hate thing. It's love from this side.
  • Options
    heebeejeebeeheebeejeebee Ottawa Posts: 52
    I've seen a couple of threads on them here, but not in a while.

I love the new album, it's freakin' fantastic (and so was the last one).

Can't wait to go see them in July, even if they are opening for Panic! at the Disco (ugh).
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Irish_lola wrote:
    Can't seem to find any other love for the Dolls here so I thought I start a thread. I had my reservations about them, seem to remember thinking there was a bit to much over-emoting going on (and I'm a PJ fan from back in the day!) but I went to see them in Dublin a couple of weeks back and the absolutely blew me away. I've never seen or heard anything like it, this huge amount of noise and energy coming from two people with a piano and drums, just incredible.

Anyone else like them?

I love them, very much.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327
    One of my buddies won't stop raving about them, but he's notorious for having TERRIBLE taste in music, so I'm a bit apprehensive...
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    One of my buddies won't stop raving about them, but he's notorious for having TERRIBLE taste in music, so I'm a bit apprehensive...

He gets full marks for The Dresden dolls. Just check them out yourself, you'll see.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»