Qotsa

being shovedbeing shoved Posts: 24
edited April 2007 in Other Music
If I was going to by my first QOTSA album which would you recommend?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    songs for the deaf
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    songs for the deaf

Absolutely! It's the only one I have so far and I really like it. Brilliant all the way through and Dave Grohl is awesome on drums.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    songs for the deaf
    I concur.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    They are all good in their own way and all incredibly different. Start with Songs For The Deaf and work backwards. Then once you have Rated R and Self-Titled buy Lullabies To Paralyze.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    songs for the deaf is probably the easiest to get into.

rated r is my favorite.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • any
  • Go with the self titled album, it can be hard to find but oh so good.
  • start at the beginning
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    It depends. If you like the way nick oliveri fucking SCREAMS into the mic, then you'd like Songs for the Deaf. If you like a lot, lot, lot of bass, then the S/T is right up your alley. Otherwise, Rated R would be your best pick.

Don't buy Lullabies to Paralyze unless you're a true QotSA freak. There's only 3 good songs: "Someone's in the Wolf", "The Blood is Love", and "Tangled Up in Plaid". It's simply not worth the money. Buy Wolf, Blood, and Tangled on iTunes, then leave the rest alone.
    Just in case y'all bitches haven't discovered it yet, the FULL 3's and 7's IS ON THE QOTSA SITE AS OF THIS MORNING.
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Man, the Blood is Love might be the worst song they've ever recorded. I might actually stand to listen to Lullabies to Paralyze all the way through if that 7 minutes of garbage wasn't on there. Broken Box and "You've Got A Killer Scene There, Man" are WAY better.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    start with the self-titled. no better way to start out a new queens album than with 'regular john'. killer song.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Lullabies is good, dont listen to them, the best place to start though is always the begining.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    Just in case y'all bitches haven't discovered it yet, the FULL 3's and 7's IS ON THE QOTSA SITE AS OF THIS MORNING.

Interesting. It's decent. The guitar solos are very "The Cars"-sounding.
    Interesting. It's decent. The guitar solos are very "The Cars"-sounding.

Decent? That bitch blew my face into another dimension. Hell yes. My faith in the Queens has been restored.
  • If I was going to by my first QOTSA album which would you recommend?

Definetly the first one...it´s a band to see their evolution because all their albums are great...so, begin from the beginning
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
  • PandemicPandemic Posts: 54
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    Decent? That bitch blew my face into another dimension. Hell yes. My faith in the Queens has been restored.

Chris Goss produced Era Vulgaris. You know it'll deliver the goods.
  • PandemicPandemic Posts: 54
    If I was going to by my first QOTSA album which would you recommend?

If you like bass, start with the first.
  • Whoever was slagging off Lullabies to paralyze is wrong godammit! I consider it the worst queens album so far but thats only because the others are so damn good. Songs such as "someone's in the wolf", "tangled up in a plaid", "broken box", "everybody knows your insane", "medication", "burn the witch" and "in my head" fuckin own. The thing i love most about qotsa is that every album they make is different rather than just making the same stuff over and over again. Ltp is very different to the albums before it but its still an awesome album.