Top 10 Mediocre Albums

spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
edited May 2008 in Other Music
We've already had threads on your favorite albums and worst albums, so what are the top 10 average or mediocre albums that you own?

Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace
Foo Fighters - In Your Honor
Foo Fighters - There Is Nothing Left To Lose
Dave Matthews Band - Everyday
Foo Fighters - One By One
Pearl Jam - Binaural
Oasis - Don't Believe The Truth
Oasis - Heathen Chemistry
Oasis - Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants
R.E.M. - Around The Sun
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I don't know if I can think of anything distinctively mediocre, without it being irritating or disappointing in some way that stirs an emotion in me. You mean a "meh" album, right?

I can think of "meh" bands, but their mediocre output is so lacking in singularity that I'd be hard pressed to name them.
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    weezer - green album
    bad religion - empire strikes first
    dead kennedys - frakenchrist
    live - the distance to here
    breeders - title tk
    tool - lateralus

these are albums that i rarely listen too but when i do i think this isnt that bad, but i never get the urge to want to listen to them. its just im like i havent listen to this in a while and i put in.
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Hahaha, these derivative threads are getting out of control.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Foo Fighters - One By One
    Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist
    Chris Cornell - Carry On
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    Coldplay X&Y
    U2 All That You Can't Leave Behind
    Weezer Green Album
    Stone Temple Pilots Shangri La Dee Da
    Pavement Terror Twilight
    Fugazi Steady Diet of Nothing
    Oasis Heathen Chemistry
    R.E.M. Out of Time
    Jesus and Mary Chain Honey's Dead
    Radiohead Pa(blow) Honey
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • PlantPage55PlantPage55 Posts: 136
    I'll second Zeitgeist.

It's not a "bad" Pumpkins album. But I actually WANT to listen to Adore or Melancholy. With Zeitgeist, I never feel like listening to it.

When I do listen to it, it's like it goes from song to song without me realizing it.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Incubus-Science (sorry, it sounds like wannabe korn to me, and korn is bad enough)

DMB-Crash (still like it, but I just think UTTAD is much better. i even like busted stuff more)

Smashing Pumpkins-Zeitgeist (Liked it alot at first, no reason to play it anymore)

Tool- all of their albums (grew out of that whole tool phase)

Rush- Presto (I have 15 of their albums, this is the worst... but its still decent)

AIC-Live (they are so mediocre live, clearly this album was released to make a buck)

Chris Cornell- Carry On (its OK)

RHCP- that new one with all of the radio play...so mediocre.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace
    Foo Fighters - In Your Honor
    Foo Fighters - One By One ( I DO LOVE the first three efforts of theirs!)
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium
    Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist
    Smashing Pumpkins - Machina
    Arctic Monkeys - Worst Favourite Nightmare
    Metallica - Load (everything after that just suck big balls)
    Placebo - Meds
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    I don't think Lateralus deserves at all to be seen as a mediocre piece of work.
    To be placed in the same thread as Load is just sickening!
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
    HushBull wrote:
    I don't think Lateralus deserves at all to be seen as a mediocre piece of work.
    To be placed in the same thread as Load is just sickening!

i agree load is so much better and less boring. a 78 minute song is lame. i dont care how techincal it is.
  • Vitalogy7Vitalogy7 Posts: 75
    AIC-Live (they are so mediocre live, clearly this album was released to make a buck)

lol..
    "Up here so high the sky I scrape,
    I'm so high I hold just one breath here within my chest,
    Just like innocence."
    i agree load is so much better and less boring. a 78 minute song is lame. i dont care how techincal it is.

I think you took my comment the wrong way, let me spell it out.

Metallica's Load, well, it sucks a big one.
    Tool's Lateralus is an epic masterpiece that spans many genres! In no way is it a mediocre album.
  • jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
    btb002 wrote:
    Coldplay X&Y
    U2 All That You Can't Leave Behind
    Weezer Green Album
    Stone Temple Pilots Shangri La Dee Da
    Pavement Terror Twilight
    Fugazi Steady Diet of Nothing
    Oasis Heathen Chemistry
    R.E.M. Out of Time
    Jesus and Mary Chain Honey's Dead
    Radiohead Pa(blow) Honey

To each their own, for sure, but "All That You Can't Leave Behind" & "Out Of Time" mediocre? Interesting.
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    HushBull wrote:
    I think you took my comment the wrong way, let me spell it out.

Metallica's Load, well, it sucks a big one.
    Tool's Lateralus is an epic masterpiece that spans many genres! In no way is it a mediocre album.

chill out, we get it. you hate tool. geessshh you're not the first person on here to say it. well take ur advice and put lateralus in the "10 albums I REALLY hate" thread. i suppose you raise the good point that Load isnt that bad after all.
    JordyWordy wrote:
    chill out, we get it. you hate tool. geessshh you're not the first person on here to say it. well take ur advice and put lateralus in the "10 albums I REALLY hate" thread. i suppose you raise the good point that Load isnt that bad after all.

You're fucking cute.
  • HushBull wrote:
    You're fucking cute.

Hey, don't take your Tool-hatred out on Jordy. He didn't inflict Lateralus on you.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    How anyone can 1)hate Lateralus and 2) think that it sounds like one 78 minute song is beyond me. Have you actually listened to it?

What is one long, shit song is Metallica's St Anger. Metallica are now a sad parody of their former selves unfortunately. I just cant get excited about their new record
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    AIC-Live (they are so mediocre live, clearly this album was released to make a buck).
    You kidding?
    What the fuck is this world?
    HushBull wrote:
    You're fucking cute.

ahh come on now, only ruffling your feathers :)
    I love that album anyways :)
    Hey, don't take your Tool-hatred out on Jordy. He didn't inflict Lateralus on you.

If ONLY i HAD!
    Even Hitler wouldnt have made Lateralus!! :D
    JordyWordy wrote:
    If ONLY i HAD!

Yay, Hitler reference!
  • JordyWordy wrote:
    If ONLY i HAD!

Nah, Hitler was more of a Westlife kinda guy. :p
    HushBull wrote:
    Yay, Hitler reference!

the opportunity doesnt always present itself to mention him in the "other music" thread.....
    Nah, Hitler was more of a Westlife kinda guy. :p

Now there's a link ive never heard being made before! WOW. anytime i think of WW2 "Flying without wings" will come straight into my head....

on a serious note, the Stereophonics have some very generic albums, they fit in here. and Bush aswell
  • JordyWordy wrote:
    Now there's a link ive never heard being made before! WOW. anytime i think of WW2 "Flying without wings" will come straight into my head....

on a serious note, the Stereophonics have some very generic albums, they fit in here. and Bush aswell

Think about how many members of Westlife have blonde hair and blue eyes. ;)
    edved82 wrote:
    How anyone can 1)hate Lateralus and 2) think that it sounds like one 78 minute song is beyond me. Have you actually listened to it?

What is one long, shit song is Metallica's St Anger. Metallica are now a sad parody of their former selves unfortunately. I just cant get excited about their new record

i use to actually like the album. but the more i listened to it the more bland it sounded. and when you try to listen to the album on random everything sounds out of place. seems they spent so much work on the album as a whole the songs took a major hit for it. the album is one song, thats how it sounds to me.

i put lateralus in the same boat as steve vai. i dont care how great you can play if it sounds boring, its boring.

load atleast has some good "songs".
    i use to actually like the album. but the more i listened to it the more bland it sounded. and when you try to listen to the album on random everything sounds out of place. seems they spent so much work on the album as a whole the songs took a major hit for it. the album is one song, thats how it sounds to me.

i put lateralus in the same boat as steve vai. i dont care how great you can play if it sounds boring, its boring.

Wow...that's sad. Really.
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279

Fair enough, your opinion is your own, but I sure as hell dont agree with it. I can understand why it would seem jumbled if you listen to it on random, cos its not meant to be heard that way, its an album - and that doesnt mean that its one long song. Listen to Reflection and then listen to The Grudge, and tell me they sound the same. Its just an album thats meant to be listened to as a full album, not as individual songs.

Each to their own though, and I'll respect your opinion
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Have you guys heard of the Holy Gift? I actually think it makes Lateralus flow a lot better; there are some really surprising transitions this way.
    If I could, think I would give in.
    edved82 wrote:
    Fair enough, your opinion is your own, but I sure as hell dont agree with it. I can understand why it would seem jumbled if you listen to it on random, cos its not meant to be heard that way, its an album - and that doesnt mean that its one long song. Listen to Reflection and then listen to The Grudge, and tell me they sound the same. Its just an album thats meant to be listened to as a full album, not as individual songs.

Each to their own though, and I'll respect your opinion

yeah those songs dont sound alike but to me it would be like listening to the of rvm and then throwing the intro in the middle and starting with the middle jam. rvm is one song and flows that way. lateralus has that same kinda flow that a good song should have.

see what i mean kinda?

again lateralus isnt bad, its just kinda blah. if it was an ep and like 25 minutes i dont think i could argue its greatness.

but what i think doesnt really matter anyways. not like tool is gonna re-record the album cause of my complaints with it.