Alice in Chains on Tour

BPH_4LIFEBPH_4LIFE Posts: 43
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Wow, I just saw AIC in Tulsa, OK. A city and state Pearl Jam has neglected this tour.

I just want to let every PJ fan who is an AIC fan know that AIC is currently touring and they sound awesome. The dude filling in for Staley is good, also adds some more guitar to some songs. But, the band is on the money. They are only playing small venues and that makes it even more intimate.

Check them out in a city near you. Especially for those PJ fans that did not have the luxury to travel and see PJ or live in the SOUTH!!!!
Austin 1995
Dallas 2000
Oklahoma City 2003
Dallas 2003
Dallas 2013
OKC 2013
Tulsa 2014
Memphis 2014

"you can't be neutral on a moving train"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BPH_4LIFE wrote:
    Wow, I just saw AIC in Tulsa, OK. A city and state Pearl Jam has neglected this tour.

I just want to let every PJ fan who is an AIC fan know that AIC is currently touring and they sound awesome. The dude filling in for Staley is good, also adds some more guitar to some songs. But, the band is on the money. They are only playing small venues and that makes it even more intimate.

Check them out in a city near you. Especially for those PJ fans that did not have the luxury to travel and see PJ or live in the SOUTH!!!!

ehhhhuhhh

they are a tight band

this guy does everything with jerry except studio

his guitar is just stuff jerry also did on the original albums

jerry would do leads than rythums and acoustic

so this guy backs jerry on that

i love the solo stuff live really enjoyed it, saw it many times
    mike inez is also great
    when they did the aic stuff it was okay

i just am suprised jerry is calling it alice in chains

layne had a great soound and jerry is a great singer
    id rather jerry do all the sining

but that is definantly cool that you enjoyed it
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • ya, they are cool, saw them twice. saw the first show for katrina benefit and then what they called band practice before the tour started. the music is awesome and energy high. i recommend it too.
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    BPH_4LIFE wrote:

I will be seeing them in the Paramount in Seattle. Yes, it is definately an awesome show to see!!!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
    shaunmcm wrote:
    ya, they are cool, saw them twice. saw the first show for katrina benefit and then what they called band practice before the tour started. the music is awesome and energy high. i recommend it too.

Hey, I was at both of those too....... The Tsunami relief show is one of the best I have seen!

• ehhhhuhhh

they are a tight band

this guy does everything with jerry except studio

his guitar is just stuff jerry also did on the original albums

jerry would do leads than rythums and acoustic

so this guy backs jerry on that

i love the solo stuff live really enjoyed it, saw it many times
    mike inez is also great
    when they did the aic stuff it was okay

i just am suprised jerry is calling it alice in chains

layne had a great soound and jerry is a great singer
    id rather jerry do all the sining

but that is definantly cool that you enjoyed it

The show in Tulsa was nothing but AIC songs/hits. The replacement for Layne sang all of Layne's lead lyrics and Jerry sang on the songs he normally sings. He had some songs he was money and some others he was good but not great. Rooster was one of his best. Not enough Facelift, plenty of Dirt and Jar of Flies.
    Austin 1995
    Dallas 2000
    Oklahoma City 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Dallas 2013
    OKC 2013
    Tulsa 2014
    Memphis 2014

"you can't be neutral on a moving train"
  • RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    I'm seeing them at the House of Blues in Cleveland next month. I'm excited. William DuVall sounds better than I expected. I'm really glad the guys felt comfortable enough with this idea to go ahead with it.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • GR8Dane wrote:
    Hey, I was at both of those too....... The Tsunami relief show is one of the best I have seen!
    i totally agree. up there on my list of best shows. maynard of tool coming out was incredible. the second show wasnt anywhere near as good as that benefit show.
    shaunmcm wrote:
    i totally agree. up there on my list of best shows. maynard of tool coming out was incredible. the second show wasnt anywhere near as good as that benefit show.
    Oh do I wish for the DVD of that show. One fuckin' amazing evening it was!